24v power questions

bigkurt666

i just got a 2002 dodge ram 2500 with the :rockwoot: mighty cummins:rockwoot: . i was wondering what the best upgrade out there. i want like 550+drug free hp and it will be a dd, so what would be the best way to go about it.

thanks again

Boost, egt, fuel pressure gauges; intake; exhaust; built auto or dual disk clutch; tst; smarty; 150-200hp injectors; 62/71/14 or 35/3b, 40/3b, 35/s400, 62/s400 twin turbos. That should get ya started.

Upgraded fuel system like a f.a.s.s, drag comp, mach6 injectors, atleast a 62/71 turbo or twins, 4 inch exhaust, cold air intake and tranny mods to hold it. This is my favorite setup for 550-625hp. But, you know what they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everbody has one.

I'd definitely go with the Drag comp over the TST/Smarty....

thanks for the advice:thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2: :thankyou2:

You should have no problems obtaining the desired numbers you want while maintaining daily driver abilities with a single turbo. . .

A 62/14, Edge fueling box stacked with a Blue Chip or even a Smarty and some mid level sticks along with free flowing air filtration system and a free flowing exhaust system (4" is plenty for the level you desire.... )Upgraded fuel delivery will ensure a healthy and happy Injection pump.

Above all Gauges will be a must, while they don't add any powah LOL they'll let you keep track of the engine...

You didnt say what style trans you have- but either one (manual or automatic) will need some attention to better take the torque and transfer it to the wheels more effectively......

Last edited:
stack

Hey, I'm going to be selling my 02 and all the goodies that were on it.... my redline was awesome... I just sent it back for the new unlimted programing.. I also have a set of 240hp injectors, they are to big for a stock turbo.

bigkurt666 said:
i just got a 2002 dodge ram 2500 with the :rockwoot: mighty cummins:rockwoot: . i was wondering what the best upgrade out there. i want like 550+drug free hp and it will be a dd, so what would be the best way to go about it.

thanks again

silverbullet said:
Upgraded fuel system like a f.a.s.s, drag comp, mach6 injectors, atleast a 62/71 turbo or twins, 4 inch exhaust, cold air intake and tranny mods to hold it. This is my favorite setup for 550-625hp. But, you know what they say, opinions are like a$$holes, everbody has one.
Agreed... that's a tried & true setup. I think there are better alternatives than the FASS but my ETC made 582hp with Mach6s, II64, and a reg Comp. Pretty streetable if you have a trained right foot. Can't wait to try the new F1 sticks and cam, along with a Drag Comp, and Industrial Injection turbo, with an auto from Dusty @HTS. 600hp on fuel makes for a very nice street rod that won't break chit right and left if you have a clue.

RacinDuallie said:
A 62/14, Edge fueling box stacked with a Blue Chip

That is an interesting stack.. I ran an Edge EZ, CaTCHER, Blue Chip stack for a while. I ended up ditching the EZ entirely, but now I want to get a little timing back so I'm planning on going smarty with the blue chip.

I've driven trucks with the TST, comp, and blue chip. Of all those choices, the least de-fuel shutter and most daily driver friendly is the blue chip. And from what I can tell, it fuels just as hard as any fueling box out there.