24V valve springs,60lbs

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I have found intresting information.

With 12V Cummins, if you want rise rpm more than 3000 rpm, then 60 lbs spings are needed. (stock is 30lbs)

Today I found 60lbs spings for 24V Cummins, part number is: 3943161

I hope this is useful information.

I called a few places that have them but they couldnt tell me nothing as for specs , I went by the machine shop and i had the guy checking on some inner COMP CAM springs that will work if i could only fine the part# only had 2 out of a box of left overs , he did tho put a shim under it and had 80lbs @ the seat closed I thought that was pretty good I might go that rought

60 lbs is not the seat pressure. It is back pressure number assigned by Cummins. LOL

Seat pressure is normally in the 80 lb range on stock 24 V springs. Closed

Open with a stock cam is: 150lb open on the intake side and 175lb open on the Exhaust side.

HTH

Don~

Rods said:
installed height is 1.39 ??

Yes, that sounds right on. I dont have the numbers in front of me, but I think it is 1.375 - 1.39.

Don~

try a set of crower # 68190-24 you can get them from summit there cheap i did a lot of research on springs and found these and have had them in my truck running 90PSI boost at 3800RPMs 600RWHP and no problems they look a little scary when assembling the coils are only about .030" from coil bind so if you go with them make sure you check your valve hight. Good luck!!!!

01 ram 5spd to auto swap?

I just got a 01 parts truck it has a complete race ready trans from suncoast and want to install it to my nice 01 5spd std has any one done that ?? I have the whole truck so I can swap everything but just need to know what exactly i need to do as far as like the harness goes can anyone help?????????

You may get more responses if you start your own thread instead of jacking someone elses.

bcummins said:
I just got a 01 parts truck it has a complete race ready trans from suncoast and want to install it to my nice 01 5spd std has any one done that ?? I have the whole truck so I can swap everything but just need to know what exactly i need to do as far as like the harness goes can anyone help?????????

WTF , where did that come from?

Rods said:
I called a few places that have them but they couldnt tell me nothing as for specs , I went by the machine shop and i had the guy checking on some inner COMP CAM springs that will work if i could only fine the part# only had 2 out of a box of left overs , he did tho put a shim under it and had 80lbs @ the seat closed I thought that was pretty good I might go that rought

i found some info that the difference in the two springs is their free lenth stock is 1.730 and the part number astross is talking about is 1.880 free lenth... that would increase your pressure. they are pretty cheap too
the only question i have is what to do about your keepers think stock is fine???

so this is my question when do you need to go to hardened retainers and titanium keepers on a 24 valve? i know the 12 valves start to pull through about 4000 rpms. but i have heard that the 24 valves are a little tougher

mclunas said:
so this is my question when do you need to go to hardened retainers and titanium keepers on a 24 valve?
Aside from the cost why not get the correct springs from DON M. ?? You can use your stock retainers and keepers. Just my $.02. Thanks Steve B.

I think it's just another option and if they work and are cheaper, then the question is, why not the Cummins springs? Until someone gets some more information on these, it's just talk on the Internet.

Called Cummins about these springs. They rate the both springs at 60psi, which I assume is as Don said, back pressure. Couldn't find out the seat pressure. Gave the man my ESN number to see what springs I had and he said we're already running the 1.88 springs, so the 1.730 must be for a different application.