24v with redline box

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
can anyone post up pulling videos of 24v's with redline boxes turning up to 4k rpms...just curious hear what they sound like

This is my buddys truck it has one but it was sent off to get fixed right before this pull. I have video of it but not on this computer I'll try to get on here. This pull was done on all motor and a smarty it is running a 71mm hx50 too he told me the tach was buried down the track here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxq9zeQFFs

I could be wrong, but like I said he told me it was at 4k. I do know when he set the rev lim at 4200 it will start popping when it hits the limiter than smooth out when it drags down to 4000.And I will say that when the box is on it will boogie

Smokin Flatbed said:
This is my buddys truck it has one but it was sent off to get fixed right before this pull. I have video of it but not on this computer I'll try to get on here. This pull was done on all motor and a smarty it is running a 71mm hx50 too he told me the tach was buried down the track here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oxq9zeQFFs

Was the Redline on it at Cissna Park?

awesome tom...

did the big lines make any difference for anything?

and the redline must be fueling pretty decent considering it didnt clear the smoke with an s400.

my truck defuels starting at 3400 now, and when i pull there is virtually no smoke with the silver bullet.

i just have big DDP sticks and .093 crossovers, thought about adding bigger lines but heard they are not needed.

did you ever dyno that combo?

I also had a Scheid HRVP44 on the truck at the time. The redline is finicky, but yes it does fuel hard up top. The injectors I was running are pretty dern big for a vp equipped 24v.

-Tom

I have a video of mine hitting 4k, but it wasn't using a redline...:evil

Tom, your p-pumped now aren't you?

getblown5.9 said:
the whole point is to see a video of a truck actually USING a redline...

I apologize for that.
I do have some video of it on the street. but it looks like you got what you needed.

GOT-Torque said:
I have a video of mine hitting 4k, but it wasn't using a redline...:evil

Tom, your p-pumped now aren't you?

so is it a big secret or what?

i can hit 4k too without a redline, but its not making any power and usually only happens in the lower gears

Back