26 in radial ??

jdiding

cummins guy
taking a hard look at setting my sled truck up for diffrent duty it already very light at just a tad under 6500 lbs w me in it make plenty of power at just shy of 800 on fuel only.
it is currently a 5 speed setup i want to swap a really low gear set front and rear and go auto
thinking 47re full man vb 2000+ stall convertor , and 3.54 gears or if i can locate a set of 3.31`s for the dana 60 in front do that since there are 3.31 set available for the rear 80 thats in it
i want to be able to enter a local grudge event that would require me to run a 26 in tall drag radial 275/50/15 or so
the gearing at 3.54 dictates 143 mph at max rpm witch is 4500 or so before it stops pulling
has anyone every attempted to run this small of a tire before with any success
or should i forget that idea and just work with a 28 in tire and see what happens
thanks for any input

I think the toughest part will be getting a 15" wheel to fit.

i really want to try and make this work if i can dont really mind if they stick out and look funny. as long as i can get a 15/10 rim and a 26 in radial on it the hard part is done

I've looked into 15 inch wheels and only thing I can find is wagon wheels, nothing cool at all, I know jqmile had 15s on the rear of his at 1 point but he also has a 1st gen 143mph is cooking w gas, I don't see that being your issue

im ok with shizzy looking steelies for this deal lol
143 is a theoretical top speed with 3.54 gears in the axles i dont see it being a reality since crossing the line at 4500 is way out of the power band is rather be closer to 3500 crossing the 1/4 mark
i can get a 3.31 set for the rear dana 80 but having one hell of a time finding a set for the front stock 60 the 3.31 is the lowest i can really get for the 80 in the back but it looks like im stuck with 3.54 gears