271 swap

DoniaBoy

I'm about to swap in a 271 into my 02, and wondering if anyone had done the same? I know I'll have to shorten the driveshaft, but had anyone done a SYE kit?

hmmmm im interested in this too. what is the big difference between the 271 and 241 dhd?

I bought my 271 from Transfer Case Express. They installed a Ford output shaft to eliminate the slip yoke. My 96 has a 5 speed tranny and I had to widen the frame opening an inch on the front side. The stock front driveshaft worked. Made mods to the front half of the rear shaft for SYI and I think was shortened at the same time.

I'm about to swap in a 271 into my 02, and wondering if anyone had done the same? I know I'll have to shorten the driveshaft, but had anyone done a SYE kit?

I put a Ford 271 in my 02 (NV5600) to replace the DHD. There's some discussion of it in the chassis section.

My front driveshaft was too short and had to be spaced out or lengthened. The rear driveshaft will need reworking altogether. I did not have to clearance the frame.

Last edited: