271 transfer case

IHWelk49

Anyone use the 271 case? Building a fummins and found a 271 that was behind a nv5600 out of an 03. My nv5600 is a 01 model is it a direct bolt on?

No. No one uses the 271 Transfer case.

And yes it is a direct bolt on.

So what is the best bolt on? I thought of running a 205 but it would be a divorced setup.

First she wants a bolt on then she wants a divorce? :what:

Last edited:
Didn't even think about that one! I've heard great things about those and diesels, not so much on the 271 though. $.02

The guys in the know try to keep it quiet so they stay cheap.

First she wants a bolt on then she wants a divorce? :what:

Always the way it works. They never want the bolt ons after the divorce.

Am I the only one that noticed this?
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance > P-Pump 24Valve

How does a 271 t-case relate to this? ^^^

Last edited:
Am I the only one that noticed this?

How does a 271 t-case relate to this? ^^^

Haha, now I do. I usually just click on the thread title when I;m on the home page. Maybe his fummins will be a p24v?

dumb question. i thought the 271 was a very strong case? is it not or you just giving the guy a hard time

I believe there is a Comp D rule that states " Those who are don't take the time to use the search feature and post about a subject that has been covered MANY times before will be subject to ridicule and misinformation."
I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Haha, now I do. I usually just click on the thread title when I;m on the home page. Maybe his fummins will be a p24v?

yes it will be a p-pump 24v. But thanks for the hard time, granted I probably put this thread in wrong forum. Just trying to get some pointers.