2nd Annual Jefferson State Diesel Nationals

ya thanks, she races a low 7 second top dragster also. it runs good considering and its a true street truck, we even welded up the rear(well kinda) and made it about 180 of the 200 miles back home until they came loose and made it the rest in front wheel drive. that was fun pulling the travel trailer and the wieghts with the golf cart in the bed, oh and a welded up front end makes for interesting slow speed cornering..lol
thanks for the video and fyi we are running ddp4s, oh and micheal mbrp 5" exhaust too, wish they had contingincy for pulling

Those pulling videos are great, I could hear them but didn't make it over in time to watch them, I was grinding away on a hitch stinger to make it fit so I could pull the DirtyMax trailer home. Glad to be able to watch them on Youtube at least!

ya thanks, she races a low 7 second top dragster also. it runs good considering and its a true street truck, we even welded up the rear(well kinda) and made it about 180 of the 200 miles back home until they came loose and made it the rest in front wheel drive. that was fun pulling the travel trailer and the wieghts with the golf cart in the bed, oh and a welded up front end makes for interesting slow speed cornering..lol
thanks for the video and fyi we are running ddp4s, oh and micheal mbrp 5" exhaust too, wish they had contingincy for pulling

What's all been done to that truck?

Thanks for bringing the Show Jefferson-State Diesel! The crew and myself from the college had a blast! the weather was so hot that we brought a generator and a air-conditioner! IT fried the cord that we were using! The college diesel club still needs a power-plant for its nostalgia draggster (Were thinking of a duramax) Once again thanks!

its all very mild, makes about 540hp, sb 3850dd clutch thanks to peter helping me out after the 3600lb organic blew up last year, brett did some tuning to the pump(normal 4k gsk,191's), chad timed it at 32*, coles old ddp4's, super b special 64/71/12 pius put the 12 on and bored the waistgate to .700, its got bills super b special drop in cam and industrials 110lb valve springs. ive set it up to hook. it does that pretty good considering shes been able to break the rear stock posi last weekend and the drivshaft at this event last year and still won. anything more you want to know i forgot let me know..

I had a great time, thanks to the Jefferson State crew for a great event.
Here's a few pics and I'm hoping to be able to put up some more in the next few days.
Dirtymax.jpg

ColeDow5.jpg

ColeDow3.jpg
Brad1.jpg
Joe.jpg

ColeDow1.jpg

Yes indeed thanks to everyone involved in making this the event we always look forward to every year!!!!!
NICE JOB!!!! The trucks keep gettng better and better.....

I had a great time, thanks to the Jefferson State crew for a great event.
Here's a few pics and I'm hoping to be able to put up some more in the next few days.
Dirtymax.jpg

Awesome photos! I didn't think we were still pulling the front wheels off the ground, considering how much tirespin we were seeing! It looks like I'm already countersteering, as it kept turning a bit right on the launch (as well as on the burnouts).

Micheal, it almost looks like the wheely bar is either twisting on the left side from the sideways motion or steering you to the right? Also did you happen to notice the scoreboard in the back? nice r/t ;)

Micheal, it almost looks like the wheely bar is either twisting on the left side from the sideways motion or steering you to the right? Also did you happen to notice the scoreboard in the back? nice r/t ;)

I think the wheelie bars are showing twist from the sideways motion. Even on the burnouts the truck would try to turn right just as I got to the starting line. Not sure if it was from uneven traction or a dip in the track, but the truck has been launching straight and true everywhere else.

might fly out again for this one, we had a great time last year. people in cali are very welcoming and i hope to see you guys again
:kick: You shoulda come!
You telling me I might have to get your race truck from last year down there again ? Not sure if you could handle the 12 second ride after going 10's so much might be a little boring:hehe:
I knew he wasn't coming :(

Got second in sportsman =) and 3rd in the Stock sled pull! happy to drive my truck home too, considering the two guys before me broke within the first 50ft of the pull...

And that was a narley wreck on the cart, saw it with my own two eyes! is the cart ok?

Guess my pink pull hitch was good luck for you. Congrats on your second and third and sorry that you got beat by a girl :cheer:

The heat was overwhelming. Not that I did well in the sled pull, but all my thunder was taken away when someone fainted at the end of my pull and the ambulance came to the rescue. Or maybe they thought that my pull was soooo good that they fainted...:umno:
Stole your thunder huh? Glad you care more about people watching you then the fact that someone could of been seriously injured. Classy...

Anywho. Did anyone video all of the pulls? We didn't get mine on video and I'm also looking for Matt and Smokin Max's Race for Finals. There are a couple on youtube, but none that are very good.

Randy get the stinkin pictures up! I really hope someone captured you givin Matt a nice little butt squeeze after our trip to the winners circle! Thanks to Randy, Stacey and the girls for all their hard work and to Marc for the surprise trip and to the Jefferson State Crew! See you all in Pueblo for the finals! PM me if you have videos or pictures!

Back