2nd gear back down

BLACK OUT

So about a month ago I posted how I had a problem with my truck cutting out and figured it was a fuel problem. Turns out fuel pressure is fine. :woohoo: But I've noticed a few more things about it. It only cuts out in second gear when I'm hammered down between 2000-2500 RPM. But if I can hold first out long enough that when it goes to second its above 2350 RPM its normally fine. :bang So I've been wondering if the govenor could be causing this or maybe a pressure sensor in the tranny?

DOes it do it in 3rd gear also? It is hard to put enough of a load on it in first.

Says 2nd gear only. Mine has always kinda done that.
When it's warmed up, it doesn't want to do it as bad.

If your ecm is still stock then most likely it's the torque management kicking in to save your ECM.

Yeah once it's warmed up it's not so bad. So if it is the ECM is there a way to fix that?

BLACK OUT said:
Yeah once it's warmed up it's not so bad. So if it is the ECM is there a way to fix that?
There's a deal called a RAD. If its torque management that should help. I might be mistaken but I was under the impression that the torque managment is only brought on at a stop or very low speeds. My truck does this while trying to build boost at a stop. Once the speed sensor picks up a signal the de-fueling stops.

-Rob

My truck stock would surge something fierce if you tried to build boost and then launched the truck. Put the smarty on there and now no more issues with hesitating or surging off the line.