2nd gen 24v UDC?

Opinions Vary

Any word on the progress of Smarty coming out with UDC for the 24 valves. Rumor is they are working on it, just wondering if it anyone heard an update?:pop:

There is a thread on this it seems like it is a lost cause for the near future at least.

UDC no. There aren't that many areas that can be controlled like there are on common rails. Like duration, timing can only be advanced so far etc.

They keep saying there will be updates. I want to believe them but won't be holding my breath anytime soon.

OK maybe they will come out with a UDC or something of the likes for our trucks but why and how awesome could it possibly be? The parameters we can tune on our trucks can be tuned with a quad adrenaline. Now if someone came out with a reliable and commercially available unit similar to the adrenaline again I would be all ears!

Point is: Unless they come out with something that taps the pump then how amazing could anything they come out with actually be?

At the risk of stirring up the negative posters (again) :) I will say that UDC and other great items of interest are on the way for the VP trucks. Timeline and exact details? Don't ask!

My point is that VP trucks are very important to us and is a favored truck to the Man himself. For those few people who believe the VP is forgotten about and believe I am bull $4itin, you are mistaken. The rest of you I will be happy to release details "when the time is right". :thankyou2: :Cheer:

At the risk of stirring up the negative posters (again) :) I will say that UDC and other great items of interest are on the way for the VP trucks. Timeline and exact details? Don't ask!

My point is that VP trucks are very important to us and is a favored truck to the Man himself. For those few people who believe the VP is forgotten about and believe I am bull $4itin, you are mistaken. The rest of you I will be happy to release details "when the time is right". :thankyou2: :Cheer:

I'm still holding out hope! Just been since what? 2004 or so since last update?

Thank you for your continued patience Todd. Things will start to accelerate here pretty soon. :thankyou2:

Hey you tricked us! That wasn't a link! LOL
i think it would be awesome tosee what is actually going on in these things!

THANK YOU!:Cheer:

THANK YOU. I will hold out to see how it turns out. I will have a glimmer of hope still.

And now I'm glad I can stop caring about this. The time will never be right. Guys make sure you keep chasin that carrot. You'll get it one of these days.

Same. Shopping for ppump parts to do the swap. Waiting on new vp stuff will make you go insane. In the end you'll have truck your disappointed with and you will always want more. Then smarty will create a mystical image in your head that they are making something for you and then you will get fed up and sell your truck or ppump it. The end.

And then you'll p-pump it and like it so much you'll buy a ******* 7.3 and ****ing hate it too.

I'm holding onto hope because I know this truck will not be going anywhere anytime soon. My edge is good and all but leaves something to be desired........like 4k tuning cough cough

I'm kinda like the ve guys. Diehard and enjoy them, have to have patience to wait 10 years for newest product.

At least you can tune a ve. With a vp you just throw undefined canned bs tunes at it till it runs least bad.

Back