2nd Gen exhaust manifold on a 6.7?

rockytopcummins

First off, I know I'm probably gonna get a lot of static about this, but......I'm old school and don't want to give up the sound of the older Cummins. I've seen a few CR motors with 2nd gen exhaust manifolds and hearing about a few guys puttin CR manifolds on 6.7s. I'm just wondering if it'd be possible to put a 2nd gen manifold on a 6.7 to get some of the "old Cummins" sound out of the newer trucks. Just personal preferance but I just can't stand the way the new 6.7s sound straight piped. Discuss...........

It sure sounds bad ass. Its not to bad of a job but you cant use a stock 6.7 charger on the 2nd gen manifold without an adapter because the 6.7 charger uses a T4i foot.Also need to modify some coolant lines and build an air intake but its not that hard really. 2nd gen downpipe fits good.

Yup, if using an aftermarket charger, follow the same steps as you would as if you were putting a 2nd gen manifold on a 3rd gen 5.9

Yeah just reroute the coolant lines, new downpipe, and fabricate some type of intake. I have a 6.7, and a couple buddies have done it on 06's. It's loud, with a S400 series turbo bolted on it !

I wouldn't even think of runnin a VGT if I was goin to all that trouble. I'd most def. do a different turbo. Believe it or not, this is what's been stoppin me from gettin a 6.7. Call me crazy but I just can't give up the traditional Cummins exhaust note. I know the newer ones are a lot easier to make big numbers with but that's just me.

I wouldn't even think of runnin a VGT if I was goin to all that trouble. I'd most def. do a different turbo. Believe it or not, this is what's been stoppin me from gettin a 6.7. Call me crazy but I just can't give up the traditional Cummins exhaust note. I know the newer ones are a lot easier to make big numbers with but that's just me.

In the whole scheme of things, this is one of the easier swaps. Gives you more room on that side of the motor as well.

I helped put a 2nd gen manifold on a buddies 6.7l and he runs a S468 as well. It sounds ok. But then again I like the quieter sound better.