2nd Gen Super B Special

Stoichiometric

I purchased a 2nd gen super B speacial and a 2nd gen manifold for my 06 CR. I am gathering the rest of the parts to swap to this set-up and I think I might need to source a discharge elbow for the turbo. Anyone have an extra? Also, where can I find some OEM gaskets, exhaust manifold, T3 flange, and grid heater/intake horn? Thanks!

2nd gen charger on a 3rd gen would require a custom turbo to intercooler pipe. Also you will need a downpipe with the correct flange for that charger, bent for use on a 2nd gen.

I don't understand your question about the exhaust manifold and T3 flange. I thought you bought a 2nd gen manifold?? That would have a T3 flange.

Get the exhaust manifold gaskets at NAPA, they were half the price as at Dodge.

You need a replacement intake grid heater? Not sure what you are asking.

Last edited:
Sorry my post didn't even make sense to me when I read it today. I have a manifold already. I need the eblow out of the charger, I'll build the rest of the turbo to intercooler pipe. The turbo comes with an HX40 downpipe that I will modify as necessary to fit.

What I meant to say is I need exhaust manifold gaskets, t3 flange gasket, and one intake horn gasket. I called around and none of my local parts stores have these so I need to find some online.

I was able to get started on the turbo/manifold swap this weekend. The HX 40 downpipe will require minimal re-working to get it to fit my existing exhaust. I had no choice but to cut and weld the compressor elbow to clear the A/C lines. I am currently looking for a 1/4" pipe thread 90* with tapered pipe thread on one side and straight pipe thread on the other. The straight pipe thread should accept the stock oil inlet fitting and I can use the existing oil feed flipped around. I'm also looking for the an OE Cummins drain tube that should be long enought to plug and play. Anyone have a part number?

Also need to bend some A/C lines to make some room...

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

I think you're making it hard on yourself there...

I used a 90* discharge elbow from Cummins and a hump hose and the pass side boost tube off a 2nd gen... just had to weld some of the 3rd gen intercooler tube to the end of the 2nd gen tube.

HX40 downpipe bolted straight in. did have to tweak the AC lines near the exhaust side of the turbo to get some more clearance

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

I used my 3rd gen manifold with a 2nd gen turbo and actually just rotated the compressor housing and modified the factory downpipe and everything else worked...

I thought the stock elbow would be close enough to not need any welding :bang. Forrest what did you use for the oil feed line and drain?

the stock elbow is like 60* IIRC... a 90* elbow makes life much easier... I get mine from Jeff (snedge)

You can buy fittings that go from the STORM fittings to a -AN fitting and use an AN line. I know turbonetics sells them. You can get them off ebay also.

some of the S300's have a two bolt flange on the oil inlet, some don't. if yours does, you can buy a two bolt flange that has a -AN male fitting on it and just use an -AN line for the feed. -4 is plenty sufficient.

on the drain side... my FIRST "generation" involved cutting the factory 3rd gen drain in half and bridging the gap with hose. it works alright, but I had some issues w/ the silicone hose getting torn by the corrugated steel.

so this time around, I bought another 3rd gen drain tube and cut the original down low near the block where it's smooth so now my hose slides over smooth steel on both ends. use shielded hose clamps, and I don't forsee any issues.

I know ATS uses a longer factory drain tube in their twin setup, but I don't know the Cummins part number, and the setup I've got isn't expensive.

OR, you can just use a 2nd gen oil drain, pull the plug out of the front drain port and use a full 2nd gen oil drain setup.

if you decide to use the rear drain port, you MUST buy a wastegate actuator from Enginered Diesel!!!!!! the original one might fit, but I prefer the simple drive pressure style gates

I know a guy who just did this same thing last week. He used the hx40 DP & said the intercooler tube needed to be cut 1/2" & then everything bolted right up after he clocked the comp. housing.

Back