2wd springs to lower a 4x4??

srt6

sittin on the side line
about to lower my 06 dodge 4x4 a little, about to install caltracs and take out some leafs, has any one use 2wd spings in the front and how much will it lower it

the diameters I believe are different

yeah was wondering that, i can't find any specs on id, od or length guess i'll go to the junk yard and take some measurements, thanks

i want to cut coils on the front of my 06 2wd but i need to figure out how to drop the rear more so it can stay sitting level! I've already got 2" drop shackles and no overload springs. It sits 1.5" from the bump stop already. Maybe i should just take out the bump stops? lol

Diameter's are different...go with 3/4 ton gas springs.

Chris

I have 3/4 ton Hemi springs in my truck....Ride height did not change. It did however make the ride alot smoother up front. The springs I have are from a quad cab, so maybe a single cab gasser would be a little drop

A chop saw works the best and if you don't have one a cutoff wheel will do the job just as good.

4_opt.jpg

3_opt.jpgthis is what i came out with i just took my leveling kit out the front and took the middle & over load leaf springs out the back, might take it a little lower

Last edited:
I have 3/4 ton Hemi springs in my truck....Ride height did not change. It did however make the ride alot smoother up front. The springs I have are from a quad cab, so maybe a single cab gasser would be a little drop

Good info.....actually, I should have added the same kind of disclaimer. My 1/2 ton has V6 springs in it, and it really hasn't settled much in the 3 years the Cummins has been sitting there.

Chris

I figured they would lower it down at least an inch....no go! I removed the rear overload, and moved the two spacers to the top, resuling in a 2 inch drop in the rear. With the 3/4 ton Hemi springs, the truck sits level as can be. I would recommend the hemi springs for anyone who drives their trucks alot, as it did help with the ride. I have never ridden in one, but I bet a 2500 Hemi truck rides like a brick!