2wd to 4x4 swap

1995ford_kid

CUMMINS boy now!!
Just kicking ideas around! But im doing a short bed swap on my 2wd cummins here next week and im debating on doing a 2wd to 4x4 swap on mine?
Wondering if its exactly hard to do? What all parts do i have to have? and has it been done if so a link with pics so i can see what im getting into?
I hae done a little searching on here but nothing helpful...i would just sell this one and get a 4x4 one but i have fixed this and build it all this one from sttock and i love the truck to much!!
So that being said just looking for what all i need for the swap and mabey a link with pics for a step my step swap over thanx!!

Yeah i have heard that so many times but i cant get much out of my truck i would say mabey 4-5 with a good buyer and a 1997 2500 4x4 5 speed with everything mine has will probably 7k+

im not doing a frame swap just wanna put the 4x4 stuff on my 2wd frame if its possable

bump - i too would be interested in learing how to do the swap.

Yeah i have heard that so many times but i cant get much out of my truck i would say mabey 4-5 with a good buyer and a 1997 2500 4x4 5 speed with everything mine has will probably 7k+

Thats a $2k difference. Do the math. Can you pick up the front end, links, frame brackets, engine cross member, steering box (these might actually be the same), tailshaft housing, new main shaft (if 5 spd), t-case, drive shafts, vacuum lines, shifter handle and brackets, etc. for less than $2k. Plus the labour you'd be putting in to swap it. If you're in love with your current truck, swap the engine/body to another frame. If you only like the truck, buy a 4wd one and sell the current one.

A frame swap is the only way unless you do a totally custom front suspension.

i have done this , it's alot of work , welding cutting and you need a 4x4 frame to do it , i would buy a 4x4 or do frame swap witch is way faster then make a 2wd to 4wd . my 2 cents