3/4 international swap????

SCOOTER

nasty.jpg

this is a truck in need of a 12V swap!:evil was hoping to find some info if anybody would love to help me get started with some damn good ideas it would be great!!!!!!! i have a 12V out of a 3500 cab chassis really needs a rebuild 220,000 miles maybe i dont know for sure, already did some work on it rebuilding the lift pump and power steering pump thanks
SCOOTER

If it was mine I would have to put a powerstroke in it... just becuase it's a international. That and everybody swaps a cummins into everything... be different.

oldschoolPSD said:
If it was mine I would have to put a powerstroke in it... just becuase it's a international. That and everybody swaps a cummins into everything... be different.
yea! i hear ya. the powerstroke probably would be more of a unique swap but dang to find a ford in good shape as a donor is hard plus ford means more $$$$.

Keep it IH, but put an engine better than a powerstroke....DT360! More power potential than a Stroke, and much less commonplace as a Cummins 5.9.

I was just being modest. Very true, that's why I'm putting a 466 in my 99 Super Duty, and not a 360...and certainly not a generic Cummins B.

smokin binder said:
Keep it IH, but put an engine better than a powerstroke....DT360! More power potential than a Stroke, and much less commonplace as a Cummins 5.9.
what are the other options i have no clue about the 414 466 etc was thinking of a pull out from a dually 4x4. this is just going to be a matter of me doing it and not asking any questions till they come.
"nike" just do it

I think whatever you put in there will be awsome because that is a sweet truck. It looks like it is in pretty good shape also. A few weeks ago they showed how to turn older trucks like yours into a short bed pretty easy you might think about doing that also. Then you would have one of the sweetest rides around. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Get a shoehorn LOL

Other than that get to it, your best bet might be a Cummins from a 91 Dodge, non intercooled, since fitting the intercooler in there could be iffy. Other than that the frame, springs and axle will take the weight of the motor no problem.

When I get both some spare change, and some time, this dude here will be getting something that rattles, 4bt most likely.

Attachments

• Binder LF.JPG
    Binder LF.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 30
Billysgoat said:
Get a shoehorn LOL

Other than that get to it, your best bet might be a Cummins from a 91 Dodge, non intercooled, since fitting the intercooler in there could be iffy. Other than that the frame, springs and axle will take the weight of the motor no problem.

When I get both some spare change, and some time, this dude here will be getting something that rattles, 4bt most likely.
thanks i will definatly look in to some trucks, havent had much luck finding a donor cheap enough yet but it will come soon.
your truck looks like it would be a good canidate also for the swap.

6BT is/was built in Mexico, not that far from Brazil. Both started life as a tractor engine. Shouldnt matter where it comes from as long as it's BOMB-able!

There are reasons people do the Cummins swap over the 466. You're good with the engine you have.. Good luck with the build..

Morse said:
There are reasons people do the Cummins swap over the 466. .... ..
Like overall size, transmission adaptability, replacement parts availability, let alone good injectors....Ya, I know, but a 466 is just different.

Also, if a person plans on pushing a 466 very hard, they have to be sprayed with lots of water where a cummins does not. I do agree, it is cool to see it done. The only plus would be if a person wanted a no limits power maker and didn't care about much of anything else.

Morse said:
Also, if a person plans on pushing a 466 very hard, they have to be sprayed with lots of water where a cummins does not. I do agree, it is cool to see it done. The only plus would be if a person wanted a no limits power maker and didn't care about much of anything else.
Case in point:
http://community.webshots.com/album/558845243ReTuWq
I dont have the engine yet, but it'll be fun when it's done.

You should go ahead and shorten the frame and install a shortbed while you're at it.. It would have a cool sound to it.. "It's a DT466 standard cab short bed superduty"

Back