3.42 gears

dangerous06

diesel tech
Is anybody running these? Benefits or draw backs? Would really help with top speed but what about low end? Anybody?

Never run em in a 3rd gen. I'd think you'd pick up some mileage on the interstate.

As long as you stay with a smaller charger or twins, I think you'd be fine. If you tow heavy regularly, getting things moving is going to take a bit longer.

I run them in my 07.5 My mods are full billet 48re with standalone vb/PCS, S478 T4, 180% stixs, dual CP3s, full built engine making 800+ hp EFI

I don't tow heavy but I can tow moderate weight. Great highway MPGS, great top end, low end is pretty good but a lot has to do with how I have my PCS tuned along with EFI.

I bought some 3.42 gears, just have not had time to install them yet, I think it will help MPH at the track because the DOT's are only 29.5 tall.

I had them in my 06. If you tow heavy with an auto in slow traffic often, I may stick with 3.73's. I really liked my 3.42's, but it rarely towed. It made 840 on dunbars dyno without the nitrous, so there was no loss in low end. Mine was 2wd, so traction was the issue. Would run over 131 in the quarter and got 23 mpg running 78 on the interstate.

Back