3.73ls was posi now one wheel peel

nasty6.0

well looked under there and niticed that the rear end fluid is vey black. only have 30000 miles and im wondering what to do. i do have a sct guages and stack. im wondering since i havent gone over the factory warranty if they will fix it or try and charge me. thinking that some of the crutches are missing from pulling trailers/few burnouts etc... any ideas would be appreciated. any one been in this boat before??? money is kinda tight right now
thanks
nasty

Good luck with this one LOL
I have gone down the same path and found out that Ford isn't interested in selling people stuff that works the way it is supposed to. I brought my truck back twice for a bad l/s unit and was told both times that is is normal and is working as designed, even though I can hear the clutch pack slipping when a tire breaks loose.
You can try to polish the turd with a rebuild kit for about $100 but in the end its still a stock, weak l/s unit. Your best bet is to suck it up and buy something that works and never worry again

^^^and after you buy a TruTrac install it and don't let it collect dust in the basement.

hey

what do youn think would happen if i kept riding on it?????
until i could afford a trutrac or somthing better
thanks
nasty

Mine has been junk for over two years. There has never been any issues other than the l/s doesn't work

Try changing the fluid to royal purple or just add the L/S additive

hey

putting new clutches in it and going to tighten them up more and start saving for a eaton rear end ahahhahahaa
its going to be nice after i get that bad boy
thanks guys for all the help

Don't waste your time with the additive, it will only make it worse. You can flush it out, and refill with a good syn lube, might help, but I doubt it. It won't hurt you to run it with the clutches dead... unless you get stuck, lol. but it won't cause any problems.

I still wonder why I wasted my time ordering it with LS. I KNEW it was a bad joke.

I've got a brand new auburn lsd with bearings and friction additive for sale.