3 gsk done and i changed plate now?

vaicase

i did the 3gsk it was easy i did it from side.first i dont have calipers so i did it by clicks.when it was done it idled high so i tightened them two clicks.it was higher yet.so i lossended them 6 now its about600.i drove it its a lot better.then i took out the #5tstplate and ground my stock one flat.and put it in about half inch from front.now its better yet but at over 3000 rpms it cuts in and out from the exhaust.my son thinks it might be from the valve springs maybe i dont know.i never got that many rpms till today.i just changed the fuel filter.what could it be?other than that it really fast.thanks

vaicase said:
i did the 3gsk it was easy i did it from side.first i dont have calipers so i did it by clicks.when it was done it idled high so i tightened them two clicks.it was higher yet.so i lossended them 6 now its about600.i drove it its a lot better.then i took out the #5tstplate and ground my stock one flat.and put it in about half inch from front.now its better yet but at over 3000 rpms it cuts in and out from the exhaust.my son thinks it might be from the valve springs maybe i dont know.i never got that many rpms till today.i just changed the fuel filter.what could it be?other than that it really fast.thanks

Have ya bumped the timing up a bit yet??:poke: Gary

vaicase,
Be careful on that timing bump with the stock gasket & bolts.$.02

WAYNES WORLD

On the 94' i beleive your safe on timing unless you go over about 16*. Im not stating this as a fact, but thats where i have mine set and 25k miles later still running good.

yeah i think 16* is the norm. 15.5 will work, which is probably where it will end up anyway.

vaicase said:
i did the 3gsk it .now its better yet but at over 3000 rpms it cuts in and out from the exhaust.

Hmmm 3K kit, and it cuts out just over 3K...
I'ma thinkin that's why they call it a 3K kit... :hehe:

yeup need the timing. I had mine set to 15.5 before I put the 3k kit in there so I didn't experience it in my truck. It runs to 3600 nice an smooth

Ridemywideglide said:
Hmmm 3K kit, and it cuts out just over 3K...
I'ma thinkin that's why they call it a 3K kit...

:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator: