3 miles & a CEL

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
well installed the predator on performance stack & the power puck.
made it three miles down the road, gave it a little more throttle, CEL came on.

P0148.

what gives?

just a fuel delivery error code. probably something to do with the cheap electronics you put on your truck LOL

Burn...

Maybe karma is getting back at ya for sawing off some dudes exhaust !

yeah phil, kinda what i thought.

guess time to sell that sh!t already.

and as for the karma, screw karma.

My god, have you ever owned a truck that you haven't had problems with man? I think you might be worse off than Tyler....:hehe:

ha nope.
all my rides have problems.
i am cursed.
my 08 dmax hasn't missed a beat yet tho, well besides the 14.5mpg haha.

When was your 06' built? trucks built after june 06 are can-bus trucks and occansionally throw codes with modules

gotta remember, last month it had a new long block put in haha.

is it too soon to have it tweaked? it has been almost 10k miles on the new engine.

Hell put it in and throw the hammer down. ( If all else fails take er in for a new engine) lol j/k

actually, i'm working on the 2nd tranny failing haha.
taking it in wednesday when i get back from port aransas for a new tranny.

well installed the predator on performance stack & the power puck.
made it three miles down the road, gave it a little more throttle, CEL came on.

P0148.

what gives?

P0148-HIGH PRESSURE COMMON RAIL
(HPCR) CHECKSUM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-1208

Possible CausesOTHERS DTC’S PRESENT
FUEL LEAKS
FUEL CONTROL ACTUATOR
FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR
CASCADE OVERFLOW VALVE
CHECK VALVE DAMAGED OR BLOCKED
FUEL RETURN LINES OBSTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR DEBRIS
LIFT PUMP FLOW
AIR IN FUEL SYSTEM
LEAKING FUEL INJECTORS OR HIGH PRESSURE CONNECTORS
PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE
HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP
INTERMITTENT CONDITION

Easy on that rail pressure..... don't wanna crack an injector.

i am taking it in when i get back from the coast.
the CEL comes on probably every 50 miles. i pull over, clear code & keep on goin.

if i run with just the predator, i get no cel. run predator on performance with the puck on 50 or 90, it throws cel.

will have the engine & tranny checked out next week.

the puck is pressure and very aggressive pressure....thats where you are getting your CEL chase

P0148-HIGH PRESSURE COMMON RAIL
(HPCR) CHECKSUM . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .9-1208

Possible CausesOTHERS DTC’S PRESENT
FUEL LEAKS
FUEL CONTROL ACTUATOR
FUEL PRESSURE SENSOR
CASCADE OVERFLOW VALVE
CHECK VALVE DAMAGED OR BLOCKED
FUEL RETURN LINES OBSTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR DEBRIS
LIFT PUMP FLOW
AIR IN FUEL SYSTEM
LEAKING FUEL INJECTORS OR HIGH PRESSURE CONNECTORS
PRESSURE LIMITING VALVE
HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP
INTERMITTENT CONDITION

Ok I am getting P0148, P0088 (RP above Max) and P0524 (Unknown). I have installed larger injectors and thats when the codes started. I have turned the Smarty down to #3. I have a bag o parts CP3 upgrade, do you think my CP3 is the problem?

Also my rail pressure at idle is 9,000ish and at WOT it is at 24,000ish I have not seen it over 25,000 and not below 8500. Max boost is 50psi. with HTT71/64/13.

Also my rail pressure at idle is 9,000ish and at WOT it is at 24,000ish I have not seen it over 25,000 and not below 8500. Max boost is 50psi. with HTT71/64/13.

idle RP is too high. What smarty program are you running? Beta 4.4? My 05 acted similar when I had a modded injection system and tried to run 4.4. i had bigger cp3/rail/feed tubes and bigger injectors when i tried to run 4.4. Truck hated it and threw CEL's within a mile.

idle RP is too high. What smarty program are you running? Beta 4.4? My 05 acted similar when I had a modded injection system and tried to run 4.4. i had bigger cp3/rail/feed tubes and bigger injectors when i tried to run 4.4. Truck hated it and threw CEL's within a mile.

im running the smarty TNTr I have lowered it to level 3. What should idle RP be?

Chase, make sure that you are running a stack tune if you have both the puck and predator on. That caused the same code on mine when I did not run the stack tune when stacked.

Back