3116 cat upgrades

Blackdog

Hillbilly Deluxe
Is there any mods or turbo upgrades or anything out there on the market for these motors besides just internal motor tweaks?

Also for anyone that has owned or knows about the 90's GMC Topkicks, Can a man easily swap out the regular cabs for a crew cab off of a 3/4-1 ton Chevy or GMC with the way that the Topkick's hood pulls open like any big rig?

As far as I know, just the rack adjustment, and marine injectors. After that, it's mostly experimental, since the 3116 isn't a performance oriented diesel. They don't handle too much extra.

I have done the rack adjustment but haven't thought about injectors. I had also thought about twins. It is definitely pushing some fuel after the rack adjustment.

I talked with a Cat guy, and he said it would need the correct pistons to go with the marine injectors due to spray pattern. plus the marine spec turbo. Much like a 370 Cummins B.
For the other part, yes the cabs do interchange. Don't forget to take off the little fender skirts & little junk. The only possible problem would be the engine clearance at the firewall.