3500 coils in a 2500?

Macktruckdriver

OK so I'm putting a blizzard plow on my truck. They are a heavier plow and was wondering if it sags more than I want will 3500 springs bolt right in? Or are they the same and just the rears are bigger to make it a 3500?

Between 2500 and 3500, the fronts coils are the same, the rears are definitely different between 2500 and 3500.
In fact, for the rears, there are a bunch of spring options between 2500 and 3500.

Mark.

Hey, a 1stgen 1 ton differentiates by 500 pounds! :poke:
They have 4500 pound front axles in the 4x4s and 4000 pound front axles in the 2 wheel drives!
There are 10,000 GVW 2WDs and 10,500 GVW 4x4s.

It's consideration for the added weight of the 4x4 components, from what I can gather.

Mark.

Did dodge offer a snowplow prep package like ford did? Those would be the coils to look for. Coukd also try say a +2" (leveling) coil. But the. Those could throw the front out of alignment or cause death wobble and what have ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodge's snowplow package was more like an alternator upgrade. The only difference is front coils is if it's a HEMI or Cummins truck.

2" coils would make the front sit high when I don't have the plow on.

I don't know about that. I put a Carli leveling kit on my dad's '06. According to Carli, it's 3" lift. Once the springs settled from the weight of the front end, it worked out to about 2.75" and it only sat about a 1/4" higher than the rear as far as the dimension from the ground to wheel well.

I installed the KORE Racing kit on the fron of an 04 3/4 ton and my current 05 1 ton dually. Rides nice and levels the truck up.

Last edited:
Between 2500 and 3500, the fronts coils are the same, the rears are definitely different between 2500 and 3500.
In fact, for the rears, there are a bunch of spring options between 2500 and 3500.

Mark.

not entirely. 4wd's maybe so. but one day for s's & giggles i decided to compare the front springs out of my old wrecked 2wd dually and the front springs out of my current 2wd 3/4 and the dually's springs were noticeably thicker. swapped them out, and WOW, night and day difference. Rides SOOO much better.

Back