38'' tires to lifted Ram ?

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I have 4x4 2500 Ram with 5 inch lift and 35 tires.
But 35'' tires looks like too small (compared to truck size) and I want to upgrade to 38 inch.

Do the 38 tires rub with 5 inch lift?

What is good highway tire , 38 or 38.5 inch for 16 inch wheel.?

Toyo Open Country? or Super Swamper Truxus STS or other?

Here is picture with 35 tires/wheels:
kastu.JPG

38s would probably scrub. Especially a wide one. Why not consider the 37" BFG AT? I wouldn't go any wider than a 12.50 on those rims.

Those wheels/tires are Hummer H2 stock, tire diam is 35'' and wheel is 17 inch and I want to keep them as spares.

I want to use those 16 (see attachment), because they are black and look more argressive :rockwoot:

Looks like all 38 tires are at least 14.5 inch wide.:badidea:

Attachments

• 39_1.jpg
    39_1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3f_1.jpg
    3f_1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 17
I like the wheels, but why do you want a 16" rim? I would go with those 37" BFG a/t's. They come in a 12.50.

With your 5" lift, 38's will rub, however 37's look sweeeeet and clear without issue. As for brand, I've been super happy with my Toyo Open Country M/T's, like Dave said, BFG's are good tires, too.
Swampers aren't great road tires at all, and throwing an 8,000 lb truck on 'em that you intend for street use is probably going to cost you a pretty penny in tires once every year. And we all know we have better truck parts to spend money on besides tires :ylsuper:

I have pictures of 5" lift w/ 37's.Let me know if ya want 'em.

N

DirtyBlonde said:
With your 5" lift, 38's will rub, however 37's look sweeeeet and clear without issue. As for brand, I've been super happy with my Toyo Open Country M/T's, like Dave said, BFG's are good tires, too.
Swampers aren't great road tires at all, and throwing an 8,000 lb truck on 'em that you intend for street use is probably going to cost you a pretty penny in tires once every year. And we all know we have better truck parts to spend money on besides tires :ylsuper:

I have pictures of 5" lift w/ 37's.Let me know if ya want 'em.

N
show them :poke:

nitto mud grappler 37x13.50x17, thats what i want to run, soon as the lift and 4.10's make themselves available lol. THey also make a 38.5x15.50x18, and 20, but one last size for the mud grappler (38x14.50x16). I think there bad ass lookin.

Stay away from TrXus StS guy on pavementsucks.com had a HORRIBLE time with 40's. Constant death wobble, horrible ride, think he had alignment issues also.:badidea:

Here is zukgod1 previous truck: :bow:

38'' Toyo M/T
16x10 wheels
and 8 inch lift

attachment.php

Got Smoke? said:
Stay away from TrXus StS guy on pavementsucks.com had a HORRIBLE time with 40's. Constant death wobble, horrible ride, think he had alignment issues also.:badidea:

I had the same thing, they where not fun at all. If you need something agressive I really like my ssr's.

jambbii said:
I had the same thing, they where not fun at all. If you need something agressive I really like my ssr's.

Ditto. A buddy of mine who lives 3 houses down from me is running the 37x12.50 SSR and he likes them alot. Althought it is on a Chevy 1500, but they are wearing very nicely. Also he is a memeber of Pavementsucks.com.

How about Kumho Road Venture?

KL71.jpg

The price is good (38x15-20 -> $1400 set), but new wheels needed (at least 20''):kick:

If you are planning on racing much you arent gonna like the 38's in that application.

Timbeaux38 said:
If you are planning on racing much you arent gonna like the 38's in that application.
I need them for street only, for racing (strip) max diam. 33 inch.

My axle ratio is 4.1:1 and with 35 tires 1800 rpm = 60mph, I think optimum rpm for 60 mph should be 1500 .

attachment.php
AsTroSS said:
Here is zukgod1 previous truck: :bow:

38'' Toyo M/T
16x10 wheels
and 8 inch lift

attachment.php

Yip that was it.
I had 8" under there to get those 38" Toyo's to clear.
5" suspension and a 3" body.

RPMS W/ 3.5's @ 75mph was right at 1550

dan

Do anyone have a picture of lifted Ram with black Moto Metal 951 20 inch wheels and 38'' tires (or 37 tires) ?

I sold my H2 wheels with 35 tires and now I have to decide next wheel/tire setup.

I have just a set of d25's in my truck and some fender trimming and I managed to get 37X12.5X16 Swamper SSR's under it. So they should fit your truck.

Also really like the SSR's no wierd quirks while driving and wearing really well.

Dodge37s1.jpg