3rd gen help!!!!

pwerwagn

STFU!
Ok so I bought a 3rd gen a while back, and kept the 12V incase i didnt like the 3rd gen. Well all was good, so the 12V went to a new home last friday. Then this thurs, the 3rd gen kills over!!! haha

So anyways, here is what happened. I was wheeling, pointing down hill. had about 1/8th tank, the truck died. I figured, no biggie...pickup got uncovered. So It restarted and i hauled arse down hill to flat ground, let it idle for a few minutes to let fuel back in the lines.

Then I decided to leave, and when i got on pavement and tried to accelerate it would cough and sputter and die. Then it would restart...go about 1/4 mile then sputter and die. Every tiem the distance got shorter, I made it about a mile total. Then it wouldnt start at all.

So I hitched a ride home, and went back and towed it. I stopped at the gas station and put 10gal in it, but it wouldnt start still. Then, right when I got it int he driveway, I cranked and it started and ran fine. I drove it around the block, and no problems.

Then last night, I went to drive it and it sputtered, so I just took it home. I guess it could still have air in the lines but i didnt trust it.

Could the sending unit just got wrong all of a sudden? Is that known to happen on these? I know my 2nd gen had weird fuel gauge issues..

Will the fuel pump work, then not work, then work...etc?

thanks guys,
Jeff

thats a good one.... fuel filter? since you may have sucked junk off the bottom of the tank...

I wondered that at first too, but I run the truck low a lot and usually wheel it every day...

But thats the first thing im doing anyways.

Lift pump!!!!! is yours in the tank yet, or still outside?

If its out side id say lift pump for sure.

It was the lift pump. I guess its getting a fass or something now.

Makes me miss the 12V... haha