3rd gen orings?

24VChevy

Ram-Bow
I took the head off of my 03 motor and noticed that the head gasket is much different that a 02 and older 24V. It does not look like you can oring the head gasket as it appears there is no fire ring in the gasket. The gasket is also not perfectly round it has a odd shapes all the way around. Are these head gaskets holding with high boost, Nos, water and abuse with just studs? Or is there a trick to sealing it down?

Thanks

Malcolm

I know of several trucks running studs and a stock gasket pushing 50psi+. The motor can be ringed, but I believe you ring the block, not the heads.

Bruce Block, quick diesel dragracer 04.5. ~60psi, spray, studs, never had the head off... yet. LOL Dynoed ~680 single huffer spray. 63x fuel only. :bow: Factory gaskets can hold pretty well. :ylsuper:

I read somewhere that the stock gasket would hold up to about 60 psi with out studs , if you feel like living on the edge. If you stud it should hold to around 80 psi . I personaly know an 03 with out studs that has seen plus 60 psi several times. But that is just a matter of time till she blows

Bruce! Amish welcomes! :welcome: Didn't see you made it over here, glad ya came. Comp dizzle is a great site.

Looks like I membered your numbers pretty well. :Cheer: You gotta take me for a ride in your buggy. Prolly split me beard! LOL