3RD GEN wheels pattern?

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
What is the wheel pattern that I need to look for on my 06 truck? Is it 8X170mm? or 8X6.50? any special back spacing? Im looking for 20" wheels that stick out just a tad but outside of the wheel wells. But nothing riced up!

they're metric. anything more than 5.5" spacing, you'll have rubbing with 20's. 4.5" is a good spacing for our trucks IMO

are you sure they're metric...last time I checked they were sae. 8x6.5 otherwise how would people be swapping them onto 2nd gen's?

I was told 06 and 07's are metric. I know mine are as I was stuck with a flat on the interstate. They're 37's and I don't have a spare on the truck. The tow truck driver took me back to his shop saying he had some 8 lugs I could use until I got another tire. They didn't fit which is when I realized I had a metric patten.

I do not know about the 07's, but the 06's are SAE. Triton, those wheels the tow truck guy had might have been for a 99+ Ford instead. That would be why they didn't work. 99+ ford is 8x170mm. A friend of mine ran a set of aftermarket wheels on his 06 Mega-Cab last year at lafayette, TN that came off of a 2nd gen. I also know of a few guys that swapped thier aftermarket wheels from thier 2nd gens to the 3rd gens when they traded the trucks in.

Are the Dodge 17" and Ford 17" the same lug bolt battern?

My dodge wheels are 17" x 6" and my Ford is 17" x 6.5" and I need the extra rim width for larger tires.

Chevy wheels will fit Dodge, if you open up the hub center.

Ford fits Ford. Thats about it.

Alright guys. I get what fits ford.....do I purchase a set of wheels that are
8X6.5 or 8X170mm? This is for dodge only not trying to cross reference.

Great site but that info was from 1994-2002 nothing on that site for 03-07?

All dodge 8 lugs are 8x6.5 that is what you need to order

Wonder why the dually rims went from 6.5" wide to 6.0" in the last few years?

Believe it or not, I need the extra 1/2 inch to run some larger tires.

Whats a man to do?