4.5L build stuffing in 1993 Defender

Sedgehammer

Howdy. I'm building a 1993 110 defender for me boy. We've vacillated over several different engine choices the past couple of months from a 1,000 HP 5.9 24 v to a 600 HP 5.7 twin turbo LS then a 600 HP 6.2L twin turbo LS and now we're fairly well settled on the 4.5L. We need it to get pretty good MPG and around 500/600 HP (yeah, I know). With all that I've been engine searching and I came across this new BLK PRO Cummins on EBAY BLK PRO 4.5L engine. I was lookin at a FED EX truck that has the 4.5L, but that is at a auction next month. Would have to have it hauled here and then take it apart and rebuild it. I think this engine has the ECM with it, but would need to follow up if we decided to go that direction

We do want the newer engine vs the 3.9L (4BT) engine. A little bigger and better fuel burn with direct injection

Short story long, anyone have any familiarity with this outfit and/or the 4.5L?

Thanks

Should be 2/3rds of a 6.7L...

Other than that, I know of no one messing with one.

If you want mileage, a ISB 3.9L is what you want, less emissions, better camshafts for mileage, etc...unless you can find someone to make you some parts for a 4.5L to help defeat some of the emissions garbage that can't be disabled by tuning.

IMHO,
Chris

I'm sure crower can grind a cam for it to get some of the overlap out.