4-inch lift question

olred07

Diesels for Christ
Whats everybodies favorite lift?
And what makes it so good?

I have a 4" RCD lift and am quite happy with it. For me personally the biggest differences I found was in the radius arm drop brackets. Most of the lift companies just use a pretty simply bracket to drop the radius arms that to me looks pretty cheap. RCD as well as Icon and maybe another place out there use a more beefy drop bracket that appears to have a good beefy design.

I have found, and heard that it is a relatively common problem, that with the track bar drop bracket and drop pitman arm on the RCD can sometimes connect. At full cut and hitting a bump the pitman arm will sometimes rub on the drop bracket. The bracket can be trimmed to fix it, or just make sure you stop turning just before full lock. This has wiped out the seal in the bottom of the steering box but doesn't appear to be anything more.

The springs up front ride great though, nice and soft with a bit of body roll but then stiffens up good for surprisingly good handling, I never thought an 8,000lb truck could corner this good. Also the rear blocks are a one piece design so no stacking and have built in factor style bump stops. The kit also comes with Bilstein 5100's which I would highly recommend for whatever lift you get, even better would be Bilstein 5100's that are specifically valved for your truck (Icon kit comes with these I believe.)

Height wise I would say the RCD 4" measures up a little low compared to others. I have 35" Nitto terra grapplers and when parked next to a truck with stock tires 33" and a 4.5" Icon lift the other truck was about 0.5"-1" taller than mine.

Course a picture is worth a thousand words...

DSC01643.jpg

If I were to do it again I would probably go with the 4.5" Icon to get the little bit extra height but I am pretty happy with what I got.

I like my DR (Icon) 4.5"
What ever you decide, get the best kit you can afford

Nummit said it well. Get the best you can afford, which at that height is Icon.

Don't think there is any advantage to getting a temporary kit until you can afford the better one.

I did a Pro Comp lift and like it. I am upgrading to a Bilstein 5100 shocks and going to traction bars with a large block in the rear for a better ride.

I got a BDS lift and i like it alot. I went with gas shocks though. You just have to remember that if you are going to go very high that you move away from the blocks and into a full kit that will come with drop arms and everything cause you dont want to bind the steering.

At 4.5", Icon is by far the best performing suspension, and also has the most upgrades you can do right off the bat, or add on down the road.

There are many other good alternatives however, depending on your priorities driving style, and budget.

Give me a call.

- Jesse
239.337.LIFT

Hey Jesse
I've tried calling you a few times in the past, but the phone was busy.
Could you send me a pm with some prices on some lifts for my truck.
I have a 07 F-350 CC LWB 4X4.
I have a leveling kit but my axle shifted over way to much in my opinion.
I like the way it sits but not the axle.
Thanks

Hey Jesse
I've tried calling you a few times in the past, but the phone was busy.
Could you send me a pm with some prices on some lifts for my truck.
I have a 07 F-350 CC LWB 4X4.
I have a leveling kit but my axle shifted over way to much in my opinion.
I like the way it sits but not the axle.
Thanks

Are you calling the shop line? Odd, as it should just switch over to the other line. Let me know, because if it is a problem, I would certainly like to fix it now.

Ill send you a PM, but it really is best to talk on the phone to get into my head quickly what you are really looking for.

Back