4" lift

BCS

New to this site just trying to get A little info on what 4" lift would be the best for my 06 F350. I won't be doing any off roading just want A good ride for the street. Had A tuff country on my 03 it seemed to ride nice. But I'm not sure with the 06. Rancho,superlift,skyjacker,RCD,tuff country any info on 4" lifts would help thanks Brian

I you are looking for a good all around lift with good road manners I would go with Donahoe Racing. You can pick up a 4.5" liftwith DR sig shocks and stay within your budget.
Talk to Dan (DCSpecial) he is the resident lift guru and can give you all the info you need

I love my Donahoe Racing kit!:rockwoot:

You should check them out! Dan can definately lead you in the right direction!!:D

Ben

I too have the DR 4.5 lift and love it. I got mine for about $1750 though. But it is much nicer than any other I was looking at. As for the ride well lets just say I will never put the stock shocks back on my truck even if I take off the lift.

I definately would recommend the DR lifts.

They use dual rate coils to give you softer than stock spring rate over the initial bit of travel and then stiffen up to prevent bottoming out the suspension. Also, the DR sig. series shocks are clear coated and use nitrosteel shafts. As with all DR products...they have a lifetime warranty.

Does the dr 4.5 use new radius arms? will it give me enough lift To go with 35" tires on 18" rims? I am thinking of going with 35" nitto dune grapplers and 18" mkw19 rims. will this combo look good? Thanks for all the info.
Brian

BCS said:
Does the dr 4.5 use new radius arms? will it give me enough lift To go with 35" tires on 18" rims? I am thinking of going with 35" nitto dune grapplers and 18" mkw19 rims. will this combo look good? Thanks for all the info.
Brian

The DR 4.5" uses radius arm drop brackets.
Or you can upgrade to the 4-Link.

Yes, you can clear 35s on 18s.

You can use the drop down menus and narrow down your search here:
http://trucktoyzperformance.com/gallery/?search=ttinstalls

The Donahoe kit is the only way to do it. The link Dan gave is an awesome reference to visualize lifts, tires and wheels.

has anyone mentioned you should get a DR lift and talk to DC about it? :hehe:

I running the DR 2.5 lift and I'm running 35's on 20's. They trimed the fender liner and flare a little bit. I get a little bit of rubbing when I have the wheel cranked and hit a bump.

normal_HPIM0269.jpg

normal_HPIM0270.jpg

Thanks for All The Info guys. Sounds Like DR Is the way to go. I will have To talk to the guys at truck toyz. Any one installed The DR themselves Looks pretty easy Any Tips I should know? THANKS

its not a bad install at all, just take your time if youve never done it. remember to watch all your lines (brakes, ESOF hubs, axle vent, etc) and follow the instructions (they are decent, but not GREAT).

The install is not that bad, just have a friend or two for help. It took me the better part of a day to install, taking breaks and pics along the way

yea, we did a 4.5" kit on an 07. easy enough, took 4 or 5 hours and we took our time, as you should. pretty straight forward and everything fit as it should, typical high quality Donahoe and a KILLER ride.