4 wheel drive indicator MIA

sootfoot

IH Nut
Is there a bulb in the cluster that may be burnt out? Truck will go into 4x4, just doesn't show up.

Oh and its the manual shifter style transfer case

Check the manual you downloaded the other day. But I do believe there could be a bulb, or the plug on top of the t-case could be loose or disconnected.

bulbs prob burned out,anything else in terms of lights near the 4x4 out also? you can also hold down your trip/odometer button and turn key to on position and it will run a "diagnostic" type test on your cluster.if it shows up there then its the sensor on t case.

you can check your manual,but my 06 its on the far right. like i said, holding down the trip button on the cluster and turning your key to on position will light up every bulb and your tach and speedo will move.

no other lights out, atleast that I notice, but I will do the cluster selftest and see what happens

Thanks for the info guys

My 4x4 light works, but the low range light doesn't. Probably a bulb since it goes into low range and all...I bet you have a bulb out, most likely culprit.

i would say its burned out.now ya got the choice if ya wanna tear into it just to replace a bulb or cluster.or just say screw it, not like ya cant tell its 4x4, ya know? but who knows,check your manual and see what dummy lights you do have and maybe theres more,then i'd concider replacing some. just my $.02

or try putting it in 4x4 and crawl under there and wiggle some wires or plugs and see if its just a loose connection,not sure if the cluster test has to "complete a circuit" for the lights to come on. my truck was from texas and had that red dust,clay,mud chit all over the underside of the truck,ive replaced a few connections just from that dirt corroding them. good luck man!

funny thing

i have the same issues you guys are having... except my light comes on on the highway when im driving 70 mph or so.. and i know the trucks in 2wd..

light diagnostic turns on all lights except service 4wd and 4wd indicators.. and high and low range go in, just no light..

thanks for the replies

a dodge with electrical problems? no way!LOL its always something.not really major,just annoying and time consuming

Tell you what for the dough that these trucks cost we should not have this sort of issue!! Heck I Would like to know when the truck is in 4 wd! Hell I have been driving around in 30 plus inches of the white stuff for the last 24 hrs and this thing
Should perform as it was advertised to!!!! Yea its only a light and its only this or that... You guys know what I mean...

Back