400hp

redneckroot

It must not have spark
I want to make 400hp with my 1990 dodge, its going to be intercooled. What I need to know is what size injectors should I go with? (I was thinking 5x14's) and what size turbo? I am really lost on the turbo I keep hearing different things from different people so I figured I would try here. Also where should I get the turbo from? price does matter. Thanks guys.

haha, I have to get some more input on this before I spend the coin. But it needs to be this week. So far the Bd special is looking the best but I'm not sure what the spec's are?

I always get confused but I think the super b is 57mm 65mm 14cm. The super b special is bigger. Ask BD and see what they say. I called once and they told me they had no idea. I know better then that.

Check out www.1stgen.org. Doing 400hp with a VE pump takes a little work. 6x16 injectors, and a 62 or 64mm turbo. Water/Meth helps too if you don't like nitrous. Check out the dyno sticky in the competition section. Most guys that are over 400hp are either running water meth or really big injectors. The VE pump doesn't put out as much injection pressure as a p-pump so you need larger injectors to make up for it.

Last edited:
i dont know what my numbers are yet till saturday:) but i got 370's and a industrial super phat shaft 62/71/14 tims cooler tubz and i just got a airdog system with 1/2" lines im just havin troubles with the tanks return and supply side i broke the fittins so ill have it done in the next 2 days hopefully.hope that helps some

Alright I here is what my choices are either spend 1600 on a 2.5/65/14 II turbo or something else for less money? Or is that the best thing I should do to run with 6x16's?

2.5 = 63.5mm If I did my math right. I was told by a local guy that it would work better for pulling/ street driving then a 62/71/14 But I have no clue.

So far what the truck has/ will have done to it: 727 auto built and a good low stall converter, sfi flex plate, tim's cooler tubz, 1st gen intercooler, 6x16 sticks, bhaf, 4" exhaust, cut fuel pin, pyro, boost, and fuel pressure gauges. I'm looking to match the turbo with the injectors and I'm stretching it pretty thin at 1600 so if there is something equal or better for less that would be better. Thanks.

6x16's are cool!!! Im running them with a cheapo H1C with a 60mm compressor on my 93. It is fine because I am boosting 42 psi. I had to back out the fuel screw to get to that level. It gets toasty but the turbo is not surging or barking so she will live. I have the 57mm S300 on my 89. That would be to small for 6x16's for sure.

I'm trying to be able to afford the sticks and the turbo for closer to 2k, 1600 for the turbo is throwing me off the mark and the funds for the project past when the season begins. So I'm sort of racing trying to find out what I need to know.

heck i just laid down 342hp and 753ftlb with my 370 sticks.so i think turbo,the 6x16 sticks,coolertubz,and pump playin and you should be close to it.

62/71, 64/71, 66/71, 62/74, 64/74, 66/74 your choice for $1500 from TDI in Indianapolis, Indiana 800-232-2834. Ask for Mark. I'd never give more than that for a 62/65.

Thanks for the reply's, is there that much difference between 62/71/14 and a 62/65/14?

the 65 will spool quicker, but the 71 will have less drive pressure, so you might make a little more power. If you're serious about getting a turbo for about a grand, I'd call Ken at Turbo Auto Diesel out of Arizona, I think he might be able to make ya a deal on one.

ya mark at tdi here in indy can build a ton! of different s300s hes the first person i go to other than van haisly for my dads 1st gen and my 2nd but i always call mark first for imput he will be doing my turbo when i'm ready with funds
-Jon

Back