47re diagnostic help

Penni

I need help with what i "think" is an electrical problem with my 47re... whats its doing... sometimes it will not shift into third to where you only have 1st and 2nd... then sometimes it will go into third and hit overdrive and drive/shift fine... other times it will hit third and fourth then come out of fourth hard and down shift dramatically.... i pulled the transmission relay out of the engine bay and the truck drives perfect, just have to shift the auto like a manual, i have replaced the TPS sensor already and the transmission relay (after i pulled it out)... Any other ideas on what it might be?? Thanks... im trying to salvage this tranny if it can be, rather then go buy a new one...

Monitor the accutal and target values for the gov pressure. Wouldn't hurt to check gov pressure and line pressure with manual gauges.

Monitor the accutal and target values for the gov pressure. Wouldn't hurt to check gov pressure and line pressure with manual gauges.
how would i go about checking the line pressures? and also, what is acceptable operating range for these trucks?

i do have a stage 2 valve body in this tranny... however i do not know what manufacturer made it... thats just what the guy told me when i bought it, and it has always shifted extremely hard from gear to gear...

you have multiple ports on the tranny case that need to be checked in order to narrow down problems..get ahold of the FSM

you have multiple ports on the tranny case that need to be checked in order to narrow down problems..get ahold of the FSM
You'll have to excuse me, i dont know anything about auto trannys... Can you break this down for me and give me some sort of a process to go about doing? i have access to a friends full auto shop as well...

Back