47re giving me hell...

Spooled

Gear Slammer
Started the other day with the TC locking up much slower than usual instead of quick and crisp like usual. It would also slip in 3rd and 4th under power. It doesn't always do this though. half the time it drives normal and locks up nice and holds power.

Now, this morning it didn't want to hardly move when I first left for work. I had to sit there shifting between reverse, neutral, and drive to get the fluid circulating I guess? Almost as if the converter had been drained of fluid or something. It's weird.

Fluid level is good and does not appear or smell burnt.

Don't know about the slippage or lock up issues but if I park my truck on a slight hill it doesn't want to move when I first get in it either. It's did that since the trans was new. Just have to go from drive to reverse a few times to get it goin. But if you do have to drop the pan or anything I highly recommend goin with full synthetic fluid in it. My trans was starting to act crazy and didn't want to shift half of the time unless I let off of the throttle but I had to drop my valve body so I drained the trans and refilled with full synthetic and it acts like a brand new one now.

Don't know about the slippage or lock up issues but if I park my truck on a slight hill it doesn't want to move when I first get in it either. It's did that since the trans was new. Just have to go from drive to reverse a few times to get it goin. But if you do have to drop the pan or anything I highly recommend goin with full synthetic fluid in it. My trans was starting to act crazy and didn't want to shift half of the time unless I let off of the throttle but I had to drop my valve body so I drained the trans and refilled with full synthetic and it acts like a brand new one now.

If you're running ATF +4, all ATF +4 is synthetic.

True that.. When I was still in school my instructor had a cummins company truck from when he was a engineer there and it was a '02 regular cab 2wd with a work body full of every kind of tool you could think of and it was around 200k miles on stock trans and he said he's never had to do anything to it. He just kept it changed regular with amsoil synthetic. And he drove it like he stole it every where he went

Yeah I'm familiar with drainback. I park in the same place every night and this morning it took a minute before it would do anything and it's usually 10 seconds or so.

I just drove it to lunch and it took about 30 seconds for it to build enough pressure to where it would move. When I came back from lunch it seemed to slam in reverse and almost bog the truck down to where it had a slight lope. This thing has me stumped.

Try running the truck in neutral before trying to drive it. If the pump is loosing prime this will prime it without slipping the clutches in the transmission. If it is loosing prime it could be many things. Most common is a worn torque converter bushing in the transmission pump. Sonnax make a replacement valve that replaces one valve spool in the transmission valve body that allows fluid flow in the lubrication circuit in park. Its a patch fix in your situation, but would help if you didn't want to pull the trans out and apart.