47re or 48re

Hotroderick

How can I discern one from the other by looking at the actual transmission itself. I have had mine replaced and Im having issues again. Its supposed to be a 48re but Im not very trusting of the guy that worked on it last. I just want make sure I get the right stuff for the valve body.

What color is the pump? Sealing ring on the support?

What year truck?

It's an 03. It originally came with the 47 because its early 03 and the engine tag identifies it as the 250hp SO, but I supposably had a 48re put in its place. Im not sure what you mean by support, as in where it mounts to the crossmember? Can I see thepump through the inspection cover? Trans is still in truck.

No you can't see the pump from the inspection cover. Support was part of the pump support. Both of these need to have the torque convertor removed. I suppose if you had a small fiber camera you could see the face of the pump. It is typically a blue/gray color on the 48RE, the 47RE were basically uncoated, and are rust colored LOL

That just tells you what it was originally built as, I have put 47re guts in a 48re case and vice versa