47RE Rebuild ?'s

soursoot

Hey guys,

New here, I just recently picked up a 98 2500 12 valve. The older guy
I bought it from, his son took out reverse doing reverse drops down the highway.:badidea: After band adjustment and still no reverse figured Id try it, I tore it down and OD clutches and steels are toast and reverse band as well. Trans only had 100 miles on rebuild before his kid blew it up. From the research that I have done on here and other places. This is what I have so far that seems to be the things to get:
Full rebuild (obviously) from OPT.
Sonnax Billet Accumulator
Sonnax Front Billet Servo Cover
Transgo TFOD Shift kit.
Transgo Overdrive Return Spring
Hughes Performance Trans Pan
Brand New Stock Converter from previous rebuild

Just wondering if this is good/bad list and what else would be a good idea to get. Valvebody has 100,069 miles on it. I did get new pressure plate for OD section, it was slightly warped. Another thing I noticed on the reverse planetary there is slight wear on it as well as the thrust washer, should I be worried? Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!
Thanks
Max
[ame="http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/maxschally/media/photo1_zpsb8c60c43.jpg.html"]photo1_zpsb8c60c43.jpg Photo by maxschally | Photobucket[/ame]

I would suggest a minimum of a single disk billet convertor. It is for the structural integrity of the unit.
Also, get the rebuild kit with the extra clutches.

Ed