47re sensors

valleyduramax

looking for guidance as to what sensors are needed for a 47re trans to function if swapped into a first gen truck. it would be replacing the stock
a518. have tcm and access to wiring harness but just looking to see if this is even possible??

I'm basically doing the same thing. I have bought a '98 24V that came with the 47RE that I am putting a '95 12V in.

I have been told I need the crank sensor and the TPS from the 24V adapted into the 12V engine. I bought a 37-1 tone wheel kit from Destroked that bolts to the harmonic balancer for the crank sensor. I am going to try to use the TPS from the '95. I have been told it will work.

I am also adapting the ECT, EOP, and IAT sensors from the 24V into the 12V so the gauges will work. In my situation, I will need to run these sensors throught the 24V ECM in order for everything to function.

Scott

well we r going the opposite route in that we are looking to put a newer better trans into the first gen. i know that the best route would be getting a 47rh but cant find any of those in ontario canada so far but we did find a 47re out of a 97 12v. all i need to know is what sensors the RE trans needs signals from to function as normal. do not want to have to go to the manual valvebody. i know the first gen 12v VE motor has tps but that is about all i know as i am a dmax owner myself and all this work is for a buddys truck. gotta get this stuff sorted out before buying this trans.

You can buy a stand alone controller, they're pretty expensive, I think @ $500-$600. I can't remember the brand names that I was told. I would imagine you will need the PCM from the '97 to do it right. Try giving someone like Dave Goerend or Garmon's a call, they may can help you.

Jim Leonard is a wiring wizard. I thought he was on CompD but I can't find him. I know he's on TDR, goes by "Dieseldemon". He might could help you.

Scott

Get a 47rh valve body and just run two switches one for overdrive and one for converter lock. That would be the cheap way.

Without the mechanical governor in the tail housing the RH VB will not work. The RE is governed electronically.

Sounds to me like stand alone controller or build one from parts like posted, or find an RH transmission and run a switch to control lock up. The RH would be much more simple..........