47RE shift control question

55Sedan

C.A.R.S.
Planning on a 12V/auto conversion in a 56 Chevy 3100. Will a 96-98 12V/47E 2500 Dodge "donor truck" have what I need to make it shift or will I have to use an aftermarket controller? Thanks

It should all be there, you need the pcm and associated wiring for trans, it wil do the rest

Thanks. Will hooking up the trans wiring be a simple "power & ground" hookup or will I have to modify the harness? New to the site and 6bt's. Just want to make sure that I look for the correct donor truck. Gonna try to keep this 56 as stock appearing as possible.

I have the whole engine and trans harness in my car, I hooked power to the start and run to ecm, and pcm... It does the rest...

I have the whole engine and trans harness in my car, I hooked power to the start and run to ecm, and pcm... It does the rest...

I am putting a 47RE in to a 04 F250. So all I need to do is find a PCM and ECM from a 96+ dodge, wire it up and it will work? Sounds too simple.

I was going to just get a manual shift kit but this would be so much nicer.

Last edited:
Thanks alot for the info. That really opens up the "donor list" for me. I thought I was gonna be limited to either a 94 or 95 to make it work. Thanks again.