47re to 29 spline np205

JAyers93

C15H28
Im in the process of putting a mvb 47re in my 93. I would like to keep the 29 spline np205 for simplicities sake. Has anyone pushed the np205 into the 11's or faster?

Im not against using a different transfer case but id like to keep the swap as simple and clean as possible, factory d-shafts, speed sensor...etc.

Also, has anyone done this before? I know ill need to make a coupler to go from the 23 spline 47re to the 29 spline np205. And a spacer between them, looks like maybe around an inch thick.

Any input or advise is appreciated.

I used my 29 spline NP205 behind a 47rh. I got the coupler from rockjeep73 on here. SHS Diesel. Your going to have the rear driveshaft shortened and the front one lenthened or even find a 2nd gen front driveshaft to go in there from a 47re. As Far as pushing the NP205 id go for it. One of the strongest gear to gear transfer cases out there.

You'll likely run out of injection pump (fueling) before you can break that 29 spline transfer case.
The 205 is reportedly taking ~900HP before it pushes the cases apart, due to gear thrust.

It'd be more concerned with the transmission's output in this case.

Mark.

I'm still running the 29 spline 205. Mines been 11.1 and has been north of the 900 mark for a couple of years. No sledpulling though.

Sounds like I wont have a problem with the np205 for a little while then.

I sent rockjeep73 a pm acouple days ago, hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

Thanks for the input guys.

did rockjeep73 ever get back to you on a coupler. i am in need of a coupler too. i have a 23 spline case if you would want to do a swapp.

I thought all of the 47rh/re are 29 spline? ive got a buddy wanting to put a 47rh in his truck with a 205 out of a 5 speed, wont the 29-29 spline femail coupler that came stock in 5 speed 1stgens work?

I thought all of the 47rh/re are 29 spline? ive got a buddy wanting to put a 47rh in his truck with a 205 out of a 5 speed, wont the 29-29 spline femail coupler that came stock in 5 speed 1stgens work?

No all 47 re/rh are 23 spline

Back