47re to a 48re

jcummins2005

i have a 47re transmission out of a 2003 none ho cummins, and i have 2005 cummins with the 48re. so my question is can i rebuild the 47re to handle 500 to 600hp, take out my 48re and put the 47re in with no problem? this way i still have a spare transmission. thanks.

I have 47RE with 48RE valvebody (DTT)

In stock condition 48 will handle more power than stock 47

05 has the TV motor on the side of the case. I think that is the biggest obstacle. If your sure it is out of a 2003, then it will have the larger gear selector indicator.

The TV module is about $150.00 the gear selector will need to be change. D-no the cost on that , some internals component's need to be added and one more plantedary...talk to Dave you can easily built your 47 to 48 and than add the upgrades to make the 48 to support your Hp.

The TV module is about $150.00 the gear selector will need to be change. D-no the cost on that , some internals component's need to be added and one more plantedary...talk to Dave you can easily built your 47 to 48 and than add the upgrades to make the 48 to support your Hp.

If it is an 03, pretty sure it already has the PRNDL indicator on it. For the gear selector you could just drill the hole out and retap it. We put 48RE's in two trucks that had 47RE in them. Made a bushing for the neutral safety switch. Also the TV module mounts to the case, so you would have to figure out away to mount the TV to your existing case.