47rh 3rd to overdrive shift

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
hey guys, I know you can adjust the TPS a little, but is there any simple way to make my truck hold 3rd gear longer before it shifts to 4th, or at least not lockup so fast in 4th? It locks up at 45mph which drags it down to like 1200rpm. 3:55's and 285 tires make for some pretty tall gearing. Also which way should I twist the TPS to make it shift to 4th, and lockup the latest? And also what about the potentiometer mod you can do that makes it adjustable? How hard is that to do, and would it let me dial in when it shifts to overdrive, and locks up? Thanks!

Eric

I've been told the 45mph overdrive/lockup is programmed in the ECM from dodge. I've tried rotating the TPS, but it didn't make a difference.

Short of locking out OD, I've not found a way on my 47RE...don't know about the RH;)

BTW Eric...if you think 285's and 3.55's is tall, try out 140lb 35" 19.5's:D They were tall, heavy, and didn't like the GT4088R at all!

Good luck!
Chris

Wire in a three pole switch to controll lock-up.

Wire it so, one position is factory signal to converter. (Stock Converter lock and unlock)

Another position is ground to converter. (forced Lock-up)

Other Position is is open. (Forced Unlock)

Normal driving leave the switch in Position A

Then when you dyno/drag race use Position B to force the converter to lock.

Cruising around town and needing the RPM use position C

~Wes~

~Wes~

duke1n said:

Hey Dukie,

Unlike you, the rest of us don't have a money tree in the back yard.
(I had one. But my neibor kept plucking all the leaves off)

So the 4-4 1/2 c-Note price tag would be my guess.

All kidding aside. It is a very nice controller and I would recommend it to most people. If ya got the spare change.

~Wes~

You could always just stand on a street corner like DA does lol

Last edited:
I appreciate the feedback guys. And Im sure that was bad Chris. Mine is aggrovating enough now. Just forces me to stick my foot in it a little harder so i have some speed before she makes the shift. haha I thought about a forced unlock switch, but i dont know what i want to do really. just wish it wouldnt lock till like 55 or 60. At least im not the only one with this problem. I also have played with the TPS with no noticeable difference.