47rh front band

aksparkey01

bombing addict.
Does anyone make a front band that can be put in without pulling the transmission. the old one broke half of the strut mount off so i was able to pull it out. If the strut mounts on the bands were a little lower profile i could put one in without pulling the trans.
thanks

I'm not sure if they are still made or not, but my buddy who used to build transmissions for a living (still builds race trannys as a side business) said that there were and that he had installed quite a few. I have no idea where to find them as I have never seen one listed in any parts catalogs I've browsed through.

He also said that he would NEVER run them in anything that made any power. Do it right.

yea this is just a stock 95 12v and goning to stay stock. but would be awsome if i didnt have to pull the tranny

These motors stock make enough torque that I wouldn't even consider it.

Again, do it right.

I know its best to do it right the firts time, but dropping the pan was as far as i have ever been into an a/t and i need to get it on the road soon. so i was hoping to mess up as little as possible.

replacing the front band isnt any harder then pulling the valve body....front pump and input shaft and your there..

They are called snap bands, and I'm pretty sure you can't get'em anymore. If you can find one, and your stock, put it in. It may buy you some time, what's it gonna do, break like the one you have now?

Back