47rh input shaft boost lanch ?

moparlvr

I got a BD TQ and VB but never did the shafts:doh:. once i get my sps62/14 and manifold on i wanna take it to the track . what is a safe boost launch on a stock input shaft ?

You're from St Helena.... Nice! I live in American Canyon.

I THOUGHT I had a billet input shaft, so I was doing boosted launches left and right, probably about 20 of them. It held, though it's not recommended... I eventually put in a billet input shaft, laminated flex plate, and triple disc TC. Still have a stock VB though.

You could risk it and just bust out some boosted launches until it breaks, then go for the billet. I got mine through J&H Performance up in Redding. Great guys. I probably boosted up to 15-18 max on the stock shaft.

I'd go no more than 12psi. Ang is lucky her output didn't go out with those kinds of launches also. Some take more launches than others. For an OEM output I believe 10-12psi is max so input should be the same or less. I've boosted to 13psi and launched and it was good, just depends on how often.

I'd go no more than 12psi. Ang is lucky her output didn't go out with those kinds of launches also. Some take more launches than others. For an OEM output I believe 10-12psi is max so input should be the same or less. I've boosted to 13psi and launched and it was good, just depends on how often.

lol I know, I was riding that beast like he was bein raped, and I had no clue. Jeez... I am lucky he didn't blow.

Yeah, down in Vegas last May, Dustin launched his at 15psi on stock output with billet input and it snapped. Second output in less than a year I believe. His truck has never left Vegas not on a trailer haha.

brokeunput.jpg

I did this to my stock input with about 300hp. I was running it hard with the TC locked and it went to shift from 2nd to 3rd, and sheared it right in 2. Sure made a nice bang LOL

I always launched at 10psi on the stock input. I do about 18-20 on the billet one:woohoo: Remember the output shafts in the 47rh transmissions are stronger than the ones in the 47re trucks, and they dont make a billet output for the 47rh that i have seen yet either. Just a few custom one off deals.

Eric

how u get them to hold at all. 48re 22k miles getting ready to rebuild again 3rd time now.

Well, I didnt know anyone made them readily available. Thanks for the link. I have done several on mine though, and have heard the stock RH outputs are pretty tough compared to the RE.

Eric

Yeah, I looked around till I found that site. They've got some pretty cool stuff. I'm planning on rebuilding my engine for performance to save a little bit of money, we'll see if that bites me in the end.

I ran a stock input on my 94 and boost launched at 15 psi running 12.68@110.66mph. Since then i have upgraded.

I know a guy the other day that was at 30 psi on a stock input. Granted it was brand new. Some of the inputs hold the power some don't. If I were to guess it is from the heat/straightening process. I wouldn't suggest over 15 psi on a stocker.

I meant transmission not engine in my above post in case anyone got confused.