47rh input shaft

bradhunt1627

learning
I have a question maybe someone can help. I had the 47rh in my daily driver rebuilt about a year ago but at the time I didn't have the extra cash for shafts seeing how it's pretty well a stock truck I wasn't to worried about it. Anyway I just bought a Tcs billet input tore the trans down put the new shaft in put it all back together but I don't have any end play in the shaft. Do I need a thinner thrust washer. Any help appreciated thanks

Was there any shims in behind the thrust washer? Only one washer(race) on the intermediate shaft?

Make sure the front clutch is fully seated!!! If you had it out a clutch disc may be binding.

Front clutch pack is fully seated. I made sure of that when I put it back. I will tear it back apart when I get home and check shims and thrust washer on intermediate. I appreciate the help so far. I checked and double checked everything when I put it together to make sure I didn't screw anything up, but when I got it together and no end play I had to quit because of work so I been at work all day second guessing and thought I would ask opinions. Thanks

There's two selective spacers that can be changed! One on the pump and one on the end of the input shaft that can be changed. Mic them and look into different ones. If you changed out any of the drums some are too big!

There's two selective spacers that can be changed! One on the pump and one on the end of the input shaft that can be changed. Mic them and look into different ones. If you changed out any of the drums some are too big!

Those shims align where there seals ride, better off to change the spacer on the rear of the intermediate if you need a little more end play. Just be sure to check the oil holes where the support is to make sure you are OK there as well.