47RH pan off upgrades

02cummins5spd

diesel performance nut
I searched and didn't find much on this subject so I figured id share what im doing to my 1995 reg cab longbend 4X4 work truck that's a 47RH auto. The body has a little rust on it now from the previous owner also using it as a work truck, but its getting fixed and re-painted the color it is now, black, later this year hopefully. I already home built my own fuel system for it as well as home built a trans cooler setup using a derale trans cooler with a fan mounted underneath the bed. And home built a 7" miter single stack setup in the bed as well. The goal for this truck is going to be about as bulletproof as I can get of a work truck that's built with a budget when I could do it. And I wanted to upgrade the transmission without pulling it, and I don't have the money to build it now anyways and I want to see how long I can get this stock one to last, ill build it to the hilt when it quits moving. So I posted this on another forum and they helped me out in making my own stage 2 pan off upgrade kit on a budget. In all reality I could have budgeted on the trans more but I didn't as much in this case cause, remember,...im trying to bulletproof it as much as I can without pulling the trans. Long story short for now, heres what I have so far for it....superior/fairbanks shift kit, billet band strut, billet band anchor, billet accumulator piston, billet servo. As well as a new filter, and wolfs head fluid with two quarts of royal purple to mix with it. And maybe a deep pan, but I haven't decided on that yet. Comments and advice are welcome. If anyone has anything else to add be sure and let me know, this will be a thread for all to use as future reference if needed. Pics are to come but photobucket isn't working right now.:doh::Cheer:

Mods if you want to you can move this to the dodge competition section if you want to. But here is what I got for it so far...
47RHtransupgrade_zps5f25485f.jpg

47RHtransupgrade2_zpse0f5669e.jpg

47RHtransupgrade3_zps2085fdeb.jpg

47RHtransupgrade4_zpsfc76422c.jpg

Nobody interested?...hmmm. Well anyways got everything in the truck, ended up finding a bad split seal that sonnax gave me for the accu. piston, the part where they split apart on an angle, well one side was split good, the other side looked cut off. Had to put a old seal off the stock accu. piston on it for now hope it doesn't affect anything, got everything in it, and I had a buddy help me on the valvebody, we couldn't get the stiffer 2-3 shift spring in it, so we put the stock one back in it. How much difference does that spring make? Got the sonnax billet servo in it as well, that's a job trying to overcome the huge spring to get the snap ring back in it, but got it all back together with new filter, and we kind of did a mix of performance street and heavy duty, would a competition setting hurt a stock trans or anything else? He told me it would so we didn't put it in, but I think if I ever pull it back out, id like to try the comp. Anybody have experience with it? And what trans pan does anyone recommend for these?, best bang for the buck per say? Havent gotten a lot of road time with it yet still building the truck some more on a couple things till I get it fully road legal. But for what I have ran it up and down the road a mile or so, it does shift better. Not quite what I was thinking but it does do better. Will know more later. We did adjust the bands while I was in there, but just to make sure, what do you guys adjust them to?:Cheer: