47rh Problems

SaundersDiesel

No Smoke from a 12v?
OK I just got this truck and I have done everything that I can think of. It has a rebuilt transmission with less than 10k on it and a new tps all of the fluids are good and all of that fun stuff.

The problem that I am having is the truck keeps searching for a gear. Like if I am going 35mph and hit the slightest hill or give the truck a tad bit of fuel it kicks down into first gear and wont shift up until i let off the pedal and then just barley put my foot on it. Its even worse when I get on the interstate it will jump from drive to od, then down to second and lay on the governor until i am basically going 40 and then it might shift up.

Like I said I have changed the tps and it meters out good and I did a search and thats all I could find was everyone saying to get a new tps, so I did. I also installed a new transmission temp sensor and then bypassed it altogether as I learned that the problem was only happening when the vehicle is warmed up after the tps change. SO the tps was part of the problem. I have also swapped the pcm for a known good and the same thing still happens when it gets warmed up when either using the temp sensor or the 1k ohm bypass.

Could the pump in the trans be weak or do I need to be looking somewhere else. Also the problem gets 10 times worse when I get hit the lockup switch when the truck hit od, isnt it supposed to keep it in that gear not make it jump around even worse.

Sorry for such a first post I really didnt want to post it but I am out of ideas other than taking the truck back to the shop and seeing if something is wrong internally. I doubt it is as all of my buddies get there transmissions from the same guy and they have never had a problem with them, but he is willing to fix the mistake if it is something inside.

There is a governor pressure sensor and a governor pressure solenoid. The governor pressure sensor will also prevent the trans from going into O/D when it is too cold out. So, O/D may not work come winter with it bypassed.

Is the little return spring that is attached to the throttle valve lever there? If it isn't there, or broke, the case pressure will below spec and also cause soft/mushy shifts.

Check your throttle cable adjustment.

Have pressure checks done on trans, in case there is an issue there as well.

All the OEM lock-out switch is for, is to prevent the trans from shifting into O/D. Doesn't force the TCC to stayed locked, or force it to hold a gear.

There is no gov pressure sensor or solenoid in a RH tranny so you dont have to worry about them.

It sounds like a pressure issue to me. Take it back to the builder and get a gauge on it.

I am going to try and take it back up there this friday. Hopefully it is something simple which it probably is, I just kinda feel stupid for not being able to figure it out.

Just for future search results my problem was a valve body. The po said that it was changed in the rebuild but was not. I am now running a Mak vb and it is shifting as it should.