47rh rebuild no 1-2

brad329

So I just got my trans put in my 94 that I took a shot at rebuilding myself went for a test drive it goes in reverse and 1st good it holds power good also .but feels like it wont shift to 2nd but when I pull the shifter from drive to 1st it seem to down shift . So im thinking that it might me shifting in to 2nd and slipping I have readjusted the band could this be a bad governor or something in the vb

I had a similar problem with mine after I rushed a valve body shift kit install and reversed one of the spool valves.

Well I got home and did a governor pressure test I can only go about 15 mph in 1st but 0 pressure and I should have hhad 1 pound per mph so I guessing this is my problem for the no shift Im going to order a governor tom unless anyone has a idea why I have no pressure

No its not in the rebuild kit I got one on order be here on monday ill jeep u updated

Governor could be sticking...not enough throttle pressure would do that too...stuck valve. Many people have their own definition of rebuilding. Did you pick through the valve body?

Are there any broken rings on the accumulator or is the accumulator cracked? Did you pull apart the servo for 2nd and break a ring on your way back in?

Ok I took the tail shaft off today when I got my new governor and one of the tubes didnt get lined up correctly and got bent so I put my new governor in since I had it so now I have find new governor support tubes I have a transtar not far from where I work ill see if they have some in stock on my lunch brake and yes I put a transgo shift kit in the vb

Back