47rh wont shift at WOT

rtbcoop

I recently installed a transgo shift kit on my 47rh and am now having trouble with my 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. If I give anything more than 50% throttle, the trans will not shift to the next gear. I have the TV fully forward so the cable has slack for about the first 15% of throttle. Transgo has suggested that I grind down the TV valve but I wanted to see if y'all have any suggestions before I make any permanent changes.

Do you have access to a pressure gauge you could hook to the governor pressure test port on the right side of the case right where the O/D housing bolts on?

Most likely cause is your hydraulic governor is leaking and cannot build enough pressure to flip the switch valve. Its pretty common for the Governor support to wear grooves where the sealing rings ride causing a governor pressure leak.

Lavon

Yes, I checked gov and line pressure. Line pressure is about 105 at idle but it was really shaky. It jumped up to about 120 when I pulled the tv lever back. I don't have a gauge long enough to measure gov pressure while driving so I put the transfer case in neutral and then tested it. The gov pressure got up to about 90 psi that way.

Could be a combination of a leaky gov and the Transgo kit. They dropped the part about grinding the TV valve in their newer instructions but I make sure to always do it on 47RH builds. Don't know why but the RH models seem to still need it ground while the REs typically don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks for the help. I believe the spec is to grind to 1/8 in, is that correct? Just want to confirm before I grind it down.

And I am assuming that I grind the thicker side of the valve, correct?

Grind the side with the smaller diameter stem that comes out. The side the spring sets against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk