48RE 3-2 shuttle shifting

Gorms

07 currently has 178k on it, trans has a Jasper warranty sticker on the pan, no idea on the history besides the truck is stock and appears to have been taken care of.

Ever since I got it w/about 165k, trans has had a problem bouncing between 3rd and 2nd under light throttle. Once the converter locks up or it shifts to o/d its all good. Doesn't always happen, sometimes it drives me completely nuts like today. Around 25-35 under light throttle is worst, sometimes it will kick down to 2nd and hang there for a few seconds, other times it will just blip back and forth quick enough to feel like its slipping.

In the last 1500mi the gov. solenoid dumped so replaced with the upgraded BW and mopar tranducer, filter, adjusted bands. Old fluid and filter were in great shape, minimal clutch material. While that improved overall shifting did nothing for the 3-2 problem.

Only code I have ever had was TTVA minimum range performance, hasn't thrown the light on in a few months though. May still be stored.

What's next?

Any ideas? I've done a bunch of searching all over, came up with no resolutions besides a rebuild is due. Should I check line pressure when its happening?

I have the same issue. I believe mine is a completely stock original transmission at 191k. I got truck at 170k. I have no idea why it does that but watching for answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transgo 48re kit will take care of it. Needs a different 3-2 spring and the "gold spacer"

Back