48RE Issues........STILL

amaupin04

roxanne04
The transmission originally had the issue of wanting to take off in 2nd gear, I was told from Firepunk to replace the governor pressure solenoid and transducer. I replaced those parts, and the issue was still there. I then was told to replace the valve body and I did so, and the issue went away. Now, at random, the transmission will only take off in 3rd gear according to the scanner and has the desired governor pressure. If you manually put it in 1st or 2nd gear it will just load up and slip. Drained the fluid out of the transmission and now the fluid smells burnt and I have a lot of debris on the drain plug. New solenoid and transducer and valve body and still having the issue.....I'm at a loss and have nowhere to go! Can someone give me some insight on maybe past experiences? Thanks for the help! I'm waiting to hear back from Lavon as well just while I'm waiting figured I'd see what you guys had to say!

Thanks!:bang

No sir I haven't, adjusted the tv cable because the shifting was delayed and that made it better and now overnight its hung in 3rd trying to take off

Was this after a rebuild or just happened one day? The new solenoid may have been bad out of the box! Put a GM solenoid in it and the upgraded transducer Goerend is using. You may have put crude in the new VB. Need to find out where the debris came from! Your gonna have to drop it and take a look at the frictions!

Had similar issues on an 05 truck. Tried the gov pressure solenoid and no change. It ended up being the computer (ticm?).

I killed two of those "updated" Goerend transducers in 3 months, finally put the BD one in and haven't had an issue since.

I'd disconnect your trans cooler and back flush all the lines to remove as much debris as possible, check your band adjustments, then start fresh with new fluid and a good transducer and see what that gets you.