48re noise between neutral and drive.

trekbikedude

Was just curious if any of you guys have experienced a whine noise when putting your 48re in between park, neutral and drive. Either from neutral to drive or drive to neutral. Does it in first and second to neutral too. Does not do it in park or neutral to reverse. It sounds like airplane landing gear for 1-2 seconds. "Wheeeerrrr" I just rebuilt my trans and replaced the intermediate shaft. All clearances were perfect. It shifts perfectly and fluid looks perfect (clean) but it is a bit high. Was just wondering if any of you guys had any insight on what to check.

I put a new filter on when I rebuilt it. It has 300 miles on it. It started making the noise after I drove 90 highway miles. It did not make the noise right off the bat.

One of a few things.

Low fluid level

Shift cable out of adjustment

Transmission cooler plugged

Or internally , Over running clutch damage.

I don't think it is a shift cable because this is an 05+ trans with the ttva. The fluid level is not low. I can hear it coming from the torque converter area of the trans.

That noise is caused by the pressure regulator in the valve body. It sticks and causes high line pressure all the time, even at idle and low load/ RPM. It wont hurt the trans any time I've seen it happen. A brand new ATS did this to me. They shipped me a new regulator and valve body and it fixed it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Okay. The noise magically went away. Very strange. Trans shifts perfect. Thank you for your help.