48RE Problems..... again

I've read the entire article and no where unless I missed it that the Battery and wiring harness grounds were checked.

Now I realize the response I will get is THEY LOOK OK.

However batteries that are dirty with say a film of battery acid laying on top or grease on the posts, those stupid donuts that are suppose to keep your post free of corrosion just contribute to your issues.

Start with the simple stuff. Take battery connections off and clean, clean the grounds at the block. Clean the chassis ECM grounds located down by ECM and motor mount.

I don't have time or a garage to check.....going to limp to the trans shop tonight

Engine is revving higher than normal taking off from a stop.....like its not shifting out of first

Initially the truck was not going over 20 with the motor almost close to redline

Then it changed and held the power but was just revving higher than normal from a stop

The shop called and said the transducer popped and failed again!!!!!!!

I need to find a serious fix to these transducer problems I wonder if a complete new valve body would solve this

yep. governor pressure transducer will start you out in 3rd gear when it goes and it will cook your converter in the process if your not careful...

i did not read the original thread, but did you upgrade to the GM solenoid? i haven't had a problem since i made the swap.

So the million dollar question is ......do they know why your on the 3rd or 4th one?

Normal life for these is about 60K.

I called Goerend this morning and spoke with a tech

No clue why and no suggestions, other than to install another transducer

yep. governor pressure transducer will start you out in 3rd gear when it goes and it will cook your converter in the process if your not careful...

i did not read the original thread, but did you upgrade to the GM solenoid? i haven't had a problem since i made the swap.

No, I am running the HD oversided BW gov solenoid

The shop swapped out the transducer with a new unit

No shorts found either

I trust the shop 110%

Next step will be to get rid of the Goerend VB

The shop swapped out the transducer with a new unit

No shorts found either

I trust the shop 110%

Next step will be to get rid of the Goerend VB

The VB is not your issue. It's the stupid Dodge transducer. They can be bad out the box.

The VB is not your issue. It's the stupid Dodge transducer. They can be bad out the box.

Agree its not the vb. They are cheap azz over priced and weak transducers. I've had many brand new out of the box that never worked. IMO the older 94-96 brass pressure/temp transducers seem to hold up better but you cannot use them in the newer trucks. When we do get warmer weather around here or a heated shop take the time to clean all of your grounds and use dielectric grease on all the connections. I had one of my trucks eat 3 of these in a year after going thru every ground with a brush and dieletric grease "knock on wood" its been a few years now on the same one.

Chris

If it does it again, I would rec changing internal trans harness. I have seen many of them short out and throw solenoid codes and all kinds of weird stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back