48RE problems need a home run shop

artieb

Hi, I have my buddy's 06 CTD and its been in the transmission shop 4 time in the last 6 months with burned clutches. The shop towed it to his house and totally gave up. The shop told him that 50# of pressure was all he could get at an idle, he said its suppose to be 75#. We are looking for a highly qualified and experienced shop to make it work. The owner doesn't pull a big trailer.
We would like to find a shop in northern Indiana area? Please, thanks artieb

Thanks ctdiesel, I went to your link, do the just build transmissions, or do the diagnose existing issues? I know fort Wayne is a big Cummis town, as well as terre haute, etc. The shop says its a ecm issue, could be as simple as a wrong size o-ring? Who knows.

Thanks ctdiesel, I went to your link, do the just build transmissions, or do the diagnose existing issues? I know fort Wayne is a big Cummis town, as well as terre haute, etc. The shop says its a ecm issue, could be as simple as a wrong size o-ring? Who knows.

They're a full service shop that specializes in transmissions.

Thanks for the referral friends, I'd be glad to help you diagnose your problem. The shop phone is 614-733-3744, or my email is lavon@firepunk.com.

Lavon

Wow thanks, we are close to south bend, in we just want a home run, the man works out of his truck, and would like to have it, again! Thanks artieb

Wow thanks, we are close to south bend, in we just want a home run, the man works out of his truck, and would like to have it, again! Thanks artieb

If it works out that you are going to take your truck to Lavon's. I'm heading up that way to pick up a new gooseneck trailer. I could haul your truck back for a small fee......

Another vote for Firepunk Diesel!

How suprising........

Lavon has recently stepped up their capacity as well, and has even more resources to help out. Firepunks not afraid to stand behind their product at all either. Dont mind my signature after reading this......

I had my trans built my K&M Transmission in St. John, Indiana

No issues with it and the shop owner is very good to work with

firepunk or garmon..

either one will have my money when the time goes.. cant go wrong with lavons customer service though...

Gas City has a fairly reputable shop as well but heck by the time you drive that far you might as well keep cruising to Ohio and hit up Firepunk

Lavon and Firepunk. Mr. Woosley up there has a pretty good amount of power going through a Firepunk trans (well over 1000hp). And they didn't have to touch it during the DPC. Firepunk is the only auto trans i'd run.

I want to thank you all for your replies! I passed on all the information to my buddy. He has the wallet, not me.
I would think the rebuilder has made the same silly mistake every time he rebuilt it. Hopefully, I'll get a report back, and I'll post the results. Again thanks.

Lavon and Firepunk. Mr. Woosley up there has a pretty good amount of power going through a Firepunk trans (well over 1000hp). And they didn't have to touch it during the DPC. Firepunk is the only auto trans i'd run.

Its actually a Frankenstein with parts from Farmtruck, Fielrepunk, Suncoast, and Goerend. Lavon and Matt freshened it up before we headed, out to Denver. Its held pretty well, and shifted better than ever after the freshen up, and was still going strong till I popped the engine.

Has anyone ever installed an external pressure supply to find leaks? Not on the OP's truck, but in general?

I think I'm gonna watch this one to see what fixes it.

From My Not-So-Smart Phone

firepunk is the only way to go! bit of a drive for you, but totally worth it, they know what there doing up there!!